Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motoz Tractionator GPS Tyres  (Read 2009 times)

Offline colngezsct

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Enjoy today
  • Bike: 2012 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Tamborine
Motoz Tractionator GPS Tyres
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:04:04 PM »
Gidday all, after having a fantastic run from my previous 2 sets of Conti Trail Attack 2's I have decided to fit a set of  Motoz Tractionator GPS tyres to "Casper" to increase grip on dirt roads. I will post my findings when we return from a week down to the Blue Mountains and surrounds. Our thoughts are with all the Londoners :172: 

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Irby
Re: Motoz Tractionator GPS Tyres
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:58:36 AM »
Have a great ride colngezct.
Yes our thoughts are with those poor people to, we had a big worry as my daughter travels in to London daily as she work in theatre land, we had to wait a while for a reply but she was ok,so selfishly i felt better, but big sympathies go to the lost ones and there families, also to all those people injured. must have been terrifying.
keep it shiny side up !!!

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »
I have the Motoz Adventure and I'm loving them so far.

Offline colngezsct

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Enjoy today
  • Bike: 2012 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Tamborine
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:13:46 PM »
I imagine you should get good life out of these tyres as the tread is probably 15mm deep, (almost like a 4wd tyre). First impression was a little sketchy as when I picked the bike up I had to refuel it and must have wheeled through some diesel. Diesel + wet roads + new tyres = pucker up! :005:

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Irby
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:59:03 PM »
They are propper knobblies.  :005:
 :028:
keep it shiny side up !!!

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »
Deep tyres are heavy and are noisy at highway speed but I've ridden this thing almost all the way over at 160kph on Bitchumen and tyres have still given me confidence right up to about 180 it gets a bit sketchy.
On lose rocky limestone roads I've had it up to 120kph and still fine. Did 140 on some hard packed pea gravel but only slowed down due to rider testicle size

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
The tires above are not the GPS...   They are the Motoz Tractionator Adventure.  I have this same tire on my KTM 950 Adventure S.  They are super tough, super aggressive, long lasting and ...... noisy as heck on pavement.  I would never put this tire on my VFRX.

What I did opt for is the real Tractionator GPS......     pics below

The stock Scorpions were a sticky tire and I enjoyed them on pavement twisties, but I will never buy them again.  I pulled them off at 2,700 miles and they were about 70% gone.

Headed to Montana and Alberta next week and we will see how the Motoz do on this heavy bike.

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 11:18:41 AM »
I now have 6,400 miles on the bike or 3,700 miles on the Motoz tires.  They have performed in spectacular fashion.  I have ZERO complaints on the tires in the performance arena.  They are great in the twisties and great off-road and haven't even hinted at slipping on wet pavement in rainy conditions.  These may actually be the best tire for the CT for a rider that tours pavement and dirt. 

We will see how they end up fairing.... but I am guessing I will get 8,000 miles out of them.  I do ride aggressive when alone and we also load the bike to the max GVWR when 2-up, on a trip.

Probably the fastest the tire wore, was on an 800 mile trip on Interstate 25 in southern CO and NM.  Running 80-85mph most of the way......

The only objection..... they do whine a little, but I have run tires that are much worse.

arab-exile