Author Topic: Delkevic 350mm oval muffler.  (Read 2089 times)

• Offline Snowy

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    63
    • Topic Author

Offline Snowy

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Delkevic 350mm oval muffler.
    on: Mar 15, 2017, 03.41 am
    Mar 15, 2017, 03.41 am

I'd heard the shorter version on a Viffer already, and I didn't want something quite that loud. Really loud mufflers can get tedious for the pillion, and even though I'm mostly deaf from exposure to gunfire (I was a infantry NCO and machine gunner for a decade) it can start to drone too much for me. The 350mm without the baffle is not offensive. Gets a great V4 snarl around the 4500rpm mark. Seems to have smoothed out the throttle response.

3rd gear from 2000rpm to redline with a full throttle roll on is an experience now. It has a flat torque curve and electric motor delivery that sees it go at one surge free acceleration rate the whole way. The bike feels like it stands up taller front and rear, and just takes off. The scenery nearly blurs. An assault on the senses. Loving the Hooonda.

Luckily I've mellowed over the years. The last time I had a bike this fast I set a high speed pursuit record. The Honda easily reaches the speeds I got in so much trouble for back in the day. If a youtube video ever turns up showing the cops tazering a white whiskered old geezer to death, that'll just be me having fun on the Hooonda.

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Re: Delkevic 350mm oval muffler.
    Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05.52 am
    Mar 15, 2017, 05.52 am
    A mate of mine has one on his CT, baffle still in I believe and he is well pleased with it.
    Bill

• Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    91

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: Man Highlander
    • City / Town: St Martin
    Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07.09 am
    Mar 15, 2017, 07.09 am
    Due to no job my CT is up for sale on eBay and it's got one fitted. Fine pipe.

This is the last one.........honest

• Offline Tc

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    67

Offline Tc

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: CT,GSA,K1600gtl
    • City / Town: Oswestry Wales
    Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2017, 09.00 pm
    Mar 15, 2017, 09.00 pm
    I've just fitted the shorter 225 had it on for a week or so and agree with what Snowy says about the performance.
     I am arriving at the corners a lot quicker as the bike feels a lot smother and eager to go it's quite effortless. Not sure if it's affected the already bad fuel consumption I think it has, but then I am whizzing through the gears as it's got so much more get up and go.
    I like the shorter pipe as it shows off the rear wheel, it is a little loud and my friends think I am re living my youth and as a grey haired old fart they could be right :002:

• Offline Snowy

• Topic Author

Offline Snowy

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2017, 11.12 pm
    Mar 15, 2017, 11.12 pm
    I'm definitely reliving my youth.

Some 30 years ago on a GSX1100EFF I was chased along the same roads I rode last weekend in what would be a record setting high speed pursuit involving some 6 cop cars. 2 HWP V8s cooked their engines trying to maintain the speed. I very nearly slipped through the net they had cast. Road block stopped me, the last functional cop car between me and freedom had blocked a bridge, arrested at gun point, a couple of cops took turns to give me a touch up, I laughed at their feeble attempts. My mother was scarier. I fronted Cooma court with some 50 odd charges, did a deal and copped the maximum suspension of 3 years for 240 in a 60 zone, paid about 5 weeks wages in fines, and ended up in the Army as a grunt for 8 years as a direct consequence. The end result of that was 2 knee reconstructions, 3 shoulder reconstructions, and a broken back, along with breaking most of my long bones. I think I'm up to 9 surgeries now for old Army injuries. About 5 years of recovery total, and nearly 3 years full time physio.

Actions have consequences.

This time, I went faster on better roads, on a better bike. Saw no cops. Suffered no consequences. It feels like you've pulled off the perfect crime.

Loving the Honda. It had just come out when I bought the BMW, I considered it, and thought the weight was excessive...and now I feel almost like I wasted the last 5 years of my life on the Bummer.

• Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    625

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
    • City / Town: PacNW
    Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2017, 01.13 am
    Mar 16, 2017, 01.13 am
    No offense to Snowy or anyone else that has one of these mounted but the looks just don't do it for me in the least.  I like Arrow or BOS much better.  Delkevic does have good prices though.

Last Edit: Mar 16, 2017, 01.33 am by DEMBONES

• Offline Snowy

• Topic Author

Offline Snowy

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2017, 03.48 am
    Mar 16, 2017, 03.48 am
    Is that the Givi crash bars?

I had a bad run with a CF muffler. Stick to stainless now. Delkevic purely because the quality is much better than the price would indicate.

arab-exile