Author Topic: Scala intercom  (Read 2727 times)

• Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    424
    • Topic Author

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: crosstourer dct
    • City / Town: york
    Scala intercom
    on: Mar 12, 2017, 10.18 am
    Mar 12, 2017, 10.18 am
    Has anyone got or had the Scala rider duo G9X system, i think its time to update autocom kit.
    mafakin

• Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    116

Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X 2015
    • City / Town: Shrewsbury
    Re: Scala intercom
    Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2017, 12.07 pm
    Mar 12, 2017, 12.07 pm
    Pete. I upgraded from an Autocom kit to Scalia 2 years ago.   For rider and pillion the G9X offers a lot of features and can be configured through your phone.  Sena is also another option but I have no experience.

Main aspect to look at is the version of Bluetooth. Get the most up to date you can as you will get true stereo for music. And better connectivity with your phone and Satnav. I only use a phone for everything. I recently bought a Shoei Neotex helmet and the SHO-1 system that fits the helmet. Very good and with long battery life.

Pro

• Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    424
    • Topic Author

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: crosstourer dct
    • City / Town: york
    Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2017, 01.35 pm
    Mar 12, 2017, 01.35 pm
    Thanks
    mafakin

• Offline Jumper

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    83

Offline Jumper

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: Highlander DCT
    • City / Town: Southampton
    Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2017, 02.20 pm
    Mar 12, 2017, 02.20 pm
    Got a Scala G9x, not used it in anger yet.....still trying to understand the manual! :087: :005:
    Regards, Dave

• Offline Min

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    241

Offline Min

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Reading
    Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2017, 07.51 pm
    Mar 12, 2017, 07.51 pm
    Hi Pete

The 9x has ironed out the fitting problems of the 4 and works well and only tried it in to 1 to 1 mode though Europe.

Bike to bike distance is shorter than claimed I found and the battery life did a full day riding with the linking to phone or GPS was good. Volume is sufficient even with ear plugs.
    VHF Radio feature was workable but range is the issue and a strong station is needed until you run out of the area.
    Website setup of each unit and management is good, need to change over mine since trashing one with my Deer Herd Crash (not covered by insurance like the crash helmet), hope the bike is back next week as it's taken time waiting for parts from Japan and Italy.

Manual is a bit strange, get the up to date version and set it on PC with the latest firmware.

Expensive but good system.

Min  G0JMS   :148:

• Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    116

Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X 2015
    • City / Town: Shrewsbury
    Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07.55 am
    Mar 13, 2017, 07.55 am
    I know what you mean about the manual. Started with basic functions and built up form there. Not used the bike to bike rally as it tends to be just me and pillion.

Agree with Min that the radio needs a strong station.

Voice control is good and the app now gives you full control and set up.  A must given that it is. It always easy to find the buttons on the move except volume.

It is not Bluetooth 4 which is not a  deal breaker for me. Being able to plug in moulders earphones is one of the main advantages to the 9x.

Useful to have feedback from a Sena user.

Pro

• Offline Buckr

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    291

Offline Buckr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X-DCT
    • City / Town: Walkington
    Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10.50 am
    Mar 13, 2017, 10.50 am
    I had a Scale system a while ago (can't remember the model) but sold it on Ebay and I now have a Sena 20S. Great range, easy to set up (on PC or by Phone app).
    I am, at the moment, waiting for the release of the Sena INC helmet. This has built in noise cancelling and bluetooth. Will be expensive but gadgets always are !!!
    If it ain't fun don't do it !

• Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    127

Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2017, 05.58 am
    Mar 14, 2017, 05.58 am
    I just got the Sena 10C last week, installed it in my Shoei Neotec (easy install)
    Compared to my ooooold Scala Q2 rider team-set, its MUCH larger, both the speakers and the unit itself (but the unit also has a camera)
    Sound is louder and clearer (much larger 20mm drivers) stereo sound, huge amount of features and it still pairs with my old Scala Q2 set, so I can now install my old set in my friends helmets for chatting.

I have not tried the Sena while riding, as winter has made a strong comeback here  :190:

I'll report on the Sena when I can

Tazmool

arab-exile