Author Topic: Sunny Saint Tropez and surounding villages, Gassin/Ramatuelle.  (Read 2318 times)

• Offline BRITINFRANCE   fr

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    540
    • Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2016 Crosstourer
    • City / Town: SAINT MAXIME
    Sunny Saint Tropez and surounding villages, Gassin/Ramatuelle.
    on: Feb 21, 2017, 09.16 pm
    Feb 21, 2017, 09.16 pm
    Hi guys , well I did manage to get my baby started with a jump start Sunday  :028: and as I said I would try and do a video of our sunshine,  here is my effort. Get a beer  :063: as it goes on a bit :005:
     I did this video to check the placement of the action cam on the bike, fixed to the crash bars low down,  what are your thoughts :112: I like the wheel in the framing but find the place a bit low? and of course the quality is no where as good as the original footage, youtube compression maybe? if anyone can tell me the best way to upload to youtube, this took 12 hours to upload :005:

Hope you enjoy this first attempt even if it is a bit long :008:

Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

• Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    116

Offline johnsondvr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X 2015
    • City / Town: Shrewsbury
    Re: Sunny Saint Tropez and surounding villages, Gassin/Ramatuelle.
    Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 09.37 pm
    Feb 21, 2017, 09.37 pm
    Good vid BRITINFRANCE.  Position is fine and gives a great view. What a cracking day and glorious scenery.  24 years since I was in St Tropez.  Having seen the vid, I really must pay another visit very soon.

Pro

• Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2017, 09.50 pm
    Feb 21, 2017, 09.50 pm
    thanks for your comment johnsondvr  :028: if you ever get this way give me a message here and we can do a ride if you come on the CT, if not a  :031: in the port
    Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10.00 pm
    Feb 21, 2017, 10.00 pm
    I was first and last time down your way back in 82, 1982 that is.
     Was that the road from Frejus to St Tropez you started on.
     Brilliant days sunshine.
    Love the way most of the cars move over for you rather than hinder you.
    The camera is in a great position, i feel the wheel helps put things into prospective some how.
    Longer since i was down that way camping in Calvaleira i think it was called just up the road from Frejus.
    Love to get down there myself as i also need to visit thepilgramige which is the Milau bridge.
    Take care you lucky boy in the sunshine BRITINFRANCE, im not jealous, im envious, very envious.
    Thanks for posting.  :028:  :031:
    Last Edit: Feb 21, 2017, 10.07 pm by pistnbroke
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1545

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1000
    • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
    Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10.10 pm
    Feb 21, 2017, 10.10 pm
    when the youtube screen comes on click bottom right and then in settings select HD as it has defaulted to 480p

you will need a fast broadband to watch it though, mine is slow and keeps buffering in HD

ian  :305:

• Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    610

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2017, 05.54 am
    Feb 22, 2017, 05.54 am
    Your a lucky man :002:
    Was interesting watching front suspension at work, there is a lot of travel at the bottom that is not being  used, how much do you weigh?
    Rare sighting of a Mini Moke there too.

• Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07.51 pm
    Feb 22, 2017, 07.51 pm
    Hi guys, thanks for the comments and advice  :037:
    @pistnbroke; 82 thats well before I arrived here :156:  1991 to be exact, the film starts at the bottom of Gassin village, on the road that we locals call the "course de cote" a few years ago there were yearly hill climb races held there, Cavalière, yep just down the road I will take a ride there and film it so you can see how much it has changed  :005: Well seems like the possition is ok for the cam, and I can turn it 180 degrees to film the rear, will give that a try soon  :028: As for the cars moving over only one really did move out the way but its not too bad , the tourist are not here yet , then it gets fun, and dangerous :005:
    I say the same to all on here if you get this way the door is always open at mine ( as long as not the month of July /1st week of August as the boss is here :003:

@scotsy, thanks for that tip :028:  yep I allready knew that :008:  my question, is there any way to upload my films to youtube quicker ? I dont supose there is just have to make shorter films  :047:

@GADGET, thanks I know i am lucky living here  :745:  so how many kilos am I ? 85kg, yes I too noticed the forks were not being used to their full extent, I have Vejays settings dialed into my CT,  would you suggest turning off a little preload so as to use more travel in the forks?  :112:
    I read here not long ago if the forks are too hard then you could get numb hands, well I do after a time but put it down to the old arthrose in the joints!
    As for the mini moke they are like two a penny here I have one at the villa , once when I was driving around town a tourist jumped into the road to stop me and take a photo!!!! :745:

• Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    610

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2017, 08.38 pm
    Feb 22, 2017, 08.38 pm
    I certainly think you are missing out on some front suspension travel, even when you crossed the speed bumps there was plenty of travel left.
    I would try a little less pre load, you have the advantage of being able to view the result :002:

arab-exile