Author Topic: Power Commander V (will it fit 2016 USA bikes)  (Read 5903 times)

• Offline rccycles

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline rccycles

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Power Commander V (will it fit 2016 USA bikes)
    on: Dec 31, 2016, 01.00 pm
    Dec 31, 2016, 01.00 pm
    POWER COMMANDER OFFERS A PCV P/N: 16-031 FOR THE 2011-2015 CROSSTOURER WHICH IS THE EUROPEAN BIKE. THEY OFFER ONE EUROPEAN MAP FOR THIS UNIT. MY QUESTION IS WILL THIS PCV FIT THE 2016 USA VERSION CROSSTOURER? I SUSPECT EVERYTHING IS IDENTICAL HARDWARE WISE AND WE WILL BE WRITING OUR OWN MAP ANYWAY. DYNOJET WILL NOT ANSWER THIS APPLICATION QUESTION WITHOUT THE USA DEVELOPEMENT TEAM ACTUALLY INSTALLING ONE ON A USA BIKE AND WRITNG A MAP, TESTING ETC. THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY MAY NOT EVEN DEVELOPE A PCV FOR THE USA CROSSTOURER.

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED THE P/N; 16-031 UNIT ON A 2016 USA CROSSTOURER?

• Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    127

Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    Re: Power Commander V (will it fit 2016 USA bikes)
    Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2016, 01.56 pm
    Dec 31, 2016, 01.56 pm
    Good Question,

Is there any fueling flaw that the PC V would address?
    I havent ridden my CT yet so I can't tell (I have a '16 Canadian CT DCT)

There is also some kind of problem with the DCT and Dynoying?  the DCT can't be dynoed?

Tazmool

• Offline rccycles

• Topic Author

Offline rccycles

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2016, 06.50 pm
    Dec 31, 2016, 06.50 pm
    JUST A SLIGHT LOW SPEED LEAN CONDITION AFTER INSTALLING AN ARROW MUFFLER. MY BIKE IS NOT A DCT, BUT WE HAVE DYNO TUNED MANY BMW MOTORCYCLES WITH ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL WITH NO PROBLEMS ON THE DYNO. IT WILL TRIP AN ABS FAULT CODE WHEN THE ECU SEES ONLY ONE WHEEL TURNING, BUT THAT WILL RESET ONCE RIDING THE BIKE. IN GENERAL THE FUELING ON THIS BIKE IS WAY BETTER THAN MY 2012 SUPER TENERE.

• Offline Tazmool

Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05.17 pm
    Jan 05, 2017, 05.17 pm
    As I noted in another PCV post, I have a used VFR-F PCV on its way for my Crosstourer (the PCV is from a 2010 VFR1200F going onto my Canadian '16 CT)
    Reading on the dynojet/power-commander site, the installation instructions, the units appear to be identical, so I'm willing to give it a try and see if it works.  I'm not sure if you want to wait that long, but I'll post my findings in the spring when I get the unit installed.

If I'm right, then nicely affordable used or leftover pcv systems from the older vfr will work on the CT, if not, little is lost and I can sell off the pcv.
    And if that unit fits, I'm 99% positive that the unit for a euro '15 model will fit a usa '16

Tazmool

• Offline rccycles

• Topic Author

Offline rccycles

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2017, 07.22 am
    Jan 06, 2017, 07.22 am
    SOUNDS GOOD. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO ELIMINATE THE CLOSED LOOP SO IT CAN BE TUNED WITH THE POWER COMMANDER V? YOU'LL NEED TO DISCONNECT THE O2 SENSORS WHICH WILL CAUSE AN FI LIGHT ON THE DASH. TO GET AROUND THIS DYNOJET AND OTHERS SELL AN O2 ELIMINATOR OR OPTIMIZER TO FOOL THE SYSTEM TO THINK THE O2'S ARE STILL CONNECTED. MY TESTING SHOWS THAT THE UNIT THEY SELL FOR THE EARLIER CT'S WILL STILL ALLOW THE FI LIGHT TO BE TRIGGERED. I HAVE ADDED MORE RESISTANCE TO THIS ELIMINATOR AND THINK I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I NEED TO PUT MORE MILES ON IT, BUT SO FAR THE FI LIGHT REMAINS OFF WITH THE O2'S DISCONNECTED. THE BIKE ALREADY RUNS BETTER NOT BEING DRIVEN LEAN IN THE CRUISE MODE!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. ARE GOING TO TAKE THE BIKE TO BE DYNO TUNED OR TRY THE AUTO TUNE DEVICE? DO YOU HAVE PERFORMANCE EXHAUST?

I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT HONDA DETUNED THE CROSSTOURER. THIS ENGINE SHOULD BE 140+ HP. MY LAST BMW K1300GT WAS 155HP AND 95TQ AT REAR WHEEL WITH A PCV. REMUS MUFFLER AND BMC AIR FILTER. NOW I GOT TO REENGINEER THIS HONDA CT. HA,HA,HA!

GOODLUCK~

• Offline geirvmax

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    23

Offline geirvmax

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: Honda VFR1200X D
    • City / Town: Long Island, NY
    Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2017, 05.03 am
    Jan 22, 2017, 05.03 am
    Speaking for all of us: Please turn off the all caps:)

*Originally Posted by rccycles [+]
    SOUNDS GOOD. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO ELIMINATE THE CLOSED LOOP SO IT CAN BE TUNED WITH THE POWER COMMANDER V? YOU'LL NEED TO DISCONNECT THE O2 SENSORS WHICH WILL CAUSE AN FI LIGHT ON THE DASH. TO GET AROUND THIS DYNOJET AND OTHERS SELL AN O2 ELIMINATOR OR OPTIMIZER TO FOOL THE SYSTEM TO THINK THE O2'S ARE STILL CONNECTED. MY TESTING SHOWS THAT THE UNIT THEY SELL FOR THE EARLIER CT'S WILL STILL ALLOW THE FI LIGHT TO BE TRIGGERED. I HAVE ADDED MORE RESISTANCE TO THIS ELIMINATOR AND THINK I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I NEED TO PUT MORE MILES ON IT, BUT SO FAR THE FI LIGHT REMAINS OFF WITH THE O2'S DISCONNECTED. THE BIKE ALREADY RUNS BETTER NOT BEING DRIVEN LEAN IN THE CRUISE MODE!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. ARE GOING TO TAKE THE BIKE TO BE DYNO TUNED OR TRY THE AUTO TUNE DEVICE? DO YOU HAVE PERFORMANCE EXHAUST?

I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT HONDA DETUNED THE CROSSTOURER. THIS ENGINE SHOULD BE 140+ HP. MY LAST BMW K1300GT WAS 155HP AND 95TQ AT REAR WHEEL WITH A PCV. REMUS MUFFLER AND BMC AIR FILTER. NOW I GOT TO REENGINEER THIS HONDA CT. HA,HA,HA!

GOODLUCK~

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09.09 am
    Jan 22, 2017, 09.09 am
    Thanks geirvmax, i could hear him from here.  :745:
    Very interesting topic and conversation between these guys.  :028: :028:
    pistnbroke  :031:
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline Tazmool

Offline Tazmool

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2017, 12.52 am
    Jan 26, 2017, 12.52 am
    The PCV comes with o2 sensor resistor plugs, which should not trigger the Fi light, unless they are at the wrong resistance for the CT, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I have decided to hold off installing the pcv on the bike until I get some miles under the belt, and break in the engine.  Once I have a good baseline, I'll then start tinkering with the performance upgrades.

So, it may be a little while before the PCV will go onto the bike.

Tazmool

arab-exile