Author Topic: Dropped the beast  (Read 5797 times)

• Offline Caveman

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    38
    • Topic Author

Offline Caveman

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Highlander
    • City / Town: Wallington
    Dropped the beast
    on: Dec 28, 2016, 07.10 pm
    Dec 28, 2016, 07.10 pm
    Bloody soggy leaves mulch i lost traction from pulling away controlled that!  :007: stopped the beast after it finally got traction after the arse end was going all over the place smiled to myself as putting my foot down  :005: sideways across the lane thinking well done David that was lucky  :047: only to find my foot reaching for air only on the left side, realized to late bloody steep road camber and over she went ,!arghh :157: found out how bloody useless the sh#te plastic  hand guards are! and the lets pretend to be crash bars :151: are scarped and bent in damaged the side panel paint work, gear lever bent in luckily able to bend back out footpegs already changed out for folding s w motechs that did their job great, clutch lever curled more that a curly worly god knows how it diddn't snap.  back box helmet hook saved any more damage a the r&g fork protectors left mirror plastic and alleged plastic hand guard scuffed. luckily help was at hand to get the beast back up and my helmet kept my brightly shade of red face hidden whilst professing my thanks and that i was all right.
     sold set of bark busters and folding replacement levers order and now fitted replacement helmet hook gonna make this week. looking at what crash bars to purchase at the moment looks like it might be the givi as the follow the same position of the existion asssesory bar which will cover the paint scuff, i will have to weld the existing light bracket to to keep the existing fog lights also looking for a folding gear lever any ideas what out their gents
    Its not about the destination! It' about the Journey

• Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    488

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Warrington
    Re: Dropped the beast
    Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2016, 07.57 pm
    Dec 28, 2016, 07.57 pm
    Very easily done and happened to us all at some point in our biking careers. Doesn't help to stop the annoyance and embarrassment though. Don't think people realise how hard it is to stop a falling bike or how hard it is to pick it up, especially the CT!

Trust you didn't suffer any injury? Good luck with the repairs.

Stu

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 06.56 am
    Dec 29, 2016, 06.56 am
     :0461:  Have come close to camber misery myself. As Stu said hope there was no injury and repairs go well.
    Bill

• Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    592

Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Holywell
    Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2016, 09.16 am
    Dec 29, 2016, 09.16 am
    I can claim camber misery on my first ride home on my CT ... doh! Full luggage and missus. No hurt other than pride and some minor but expensive  damage.
    Therefore you have my absolute understanding.
    I had a jelly mould cbr1000 and for some reason it was my most dropped bike ... all at standstill or near enough; camber, slippy surface you name it. Decided if was my unlucky bike so it went!!
    I am sure others must have had a similar unlucky bike ...
    Puch125, CD175, CB175, C90, CB100, CB900, VF750, K100, CBR1000, CBR1000, DR650SE, RF900R, Bayliner, RF900R, Super Blackbird, Piaggio X9 125, Burgman 650, Hayabusa, VFR1200F, VFR1200X, F800 GT,

• Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    393

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10.45 am
    Dec 29, 2016, 10.45 am
    Yup feel for ya mate, I dropped  mine at walking pace while doing a 3 point turn . Well when I say dropped , I mean I felt it go and thought  :005: sh*t as I stood there bike at 45 degrees. My only option was to lay it down . So I got off lightly compared to yourself, but I do wonder what would happen if you did it to a showroom bike and asked the salesman to show you how to pick it up ... :232:       
    Still could be worse ,there are people who ride Goldwings......fancy trying to pick one of them  up...... :305:

• Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    353

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • City / Town: Perth
    Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2016, 11.53 am
    Dec 29, 2016, 11.53 am
    It's an Adventure bike it is supposed to have battle scars

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12.54 pm
    Dec 29, 2016, 12.54 pm
    *Originally Posted by Martymouse [+]
    I can claim camber misery on my first ride home on my CT ... doh! Full luggage and missus. No hurt other than pride and some minor but expensive  damage.
    Therefore you have my absolute understanding.
    I had a jelly mould cbr1000 and for some reason it was my most dropped bike ... all at standstill or near enough; camber, slippy surface you name it. Decided if was my unlucky bike so it went!!
    I am sure others must have had a similar unlucky bike ...
    Did the pannier save any further damage Martymouse; if not what other damage was there, and was it a moving or static drop.
    Bill

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2016, 12.13 am
    Dec 30, 2016, 12.13 am
    unlucky Caveman, as others have said, i hope your ok and we've all done it, i dropped my previous bike at stand still, 3 years ago, i stepped sideways to try to catch it(so foolish) and im still in pain if i kick anything sideways.   :012:
    Keep smiling through the agony of embarrassment, i kept my lid on too, to hide the redish face.  :138: 
    keep it shiny side up !!!

arab-exile