Author Topic: New years day ride.  (Read 4752 times)

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572
    • Topic Author

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    New years day ride.
    on: Dec 20, 2016, 08.20 pm
    Dec 20, 2016, 08.20 pm
    Hi everyone,
    I dont want to cause any trouble between us and partners, but is or does any one go out for a ride on new years day.
    I dont even know if i can manage it myself yet what with in laws staying and that stuff.
    I cant take a lot of alcohol so i dont drink a lot,not even at new year. i do understand i am not the norm.
     So if you all drink like big fish then lucky you i say, and i dont want anyone to drink the night before and then ride the naxt day.
    I tend not to have a drink at all if im out on the bike the next day, just to be on the safe side for my riding.
    Maybe we could go down Shropshire way or into the midlands, meet at Lynns raven cafe near Whitchurch.
    Just an idea, as i said i may not even make it myself, but i have always wanted to go out on the first day of the year hopefully to carry it on all year. ha.
    Ride safe all and enjoy the festive season.
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    463

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
    • City / Town: SE London/Kent
    Re: New years day ride.
    Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10.21 pm
    Dec 20, 2016, 10.21 pm
     :028: great idea....but if the weather is kind...I'll get out on me pushbike and work a couple of mincepies off!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
    KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

• Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    488

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Warrington
    Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06.38 am
    Dec 21, 2016, 06.38 am
    Good idea. I may be in the don't ride on New Year's Day category (after the night before), depends on plans. I will monitor on here and possibly join in if anything develops. Depends on weather too of course.

Stu

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07.02 am
    Dec 21, 2016, 07.02 am
    Like the idea but I have to wait til the dealer has registered my bike and emailed me details so can't commit at the mo I'm afraid.
    Sort of wish id just had it registered when I got it :157:

• Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    858

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Highlander DCT
    • City / Town: Lincoln
    Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11.02 am
    Dec 21, 2016, 11.02 am
     So if you all drink like big fish then lucky you i say, and i dont want anyone to drink the night before and then ride the naxt day. 

I'm sorry Pistnbroke buddy, I've never been sure until now whether your user name was a version of " Piston broke" . Or...".Pi$$ed 'n' broke "  :187:

At least that's cleared that up, and don't feel as though you are alone in the 2 shandy's and out gang, as I can assure you that you are not  :031:                   

• Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    592

Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Holywell
    Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12.11 pm
    Dec 21, 2016, 12.11 pm
    I too am a fully signed up member of the "can't drink very much alcohol" club. 
    However, on this occasion, it won't be the fear of alcohol in my blood or my usual sheer laziness, but the fact that I won't be around on the day and my bike is in getting some shiny new suspenders ... now there's a mixed image to ponder for our geographically and culturally diverse community here  :001:
    Puch125, CD175, CB175, C90, CB100, CB900, VF750, K100, CBR1000, CBR1000, DR650SE, RF900R, Bayliner, RF900R, Super Blackbird, Piaggio X9 125, Burgman 650, Hayabusa, VFR1200F, VFR1200X, F800 GT,

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572
    • Topic Author

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2016, 02.20 pm
    Dec 21, 2016, 02.20 pm
    thanks for the replies lads, all good and interesting.
    capobob, I may also need to pump my pushbike tyres up and get out if i don't want my bum to look big.  :002:
    ukstu, yes all weather depending, we getting strong winds on Friday to so will have to look later at forecast. :018:
    Hartley, just think of all that crud your missing off the roads. Can you pre insure your bike presuming you know the registration number already. also, your bike is a year younger aswell isn't it, 2017.  :028:
    Saxon747, just to put you in the picture completely its a mix of both, hope that's cleared that up. :008:
    Martymouse, will it be kinky black or sexy red for your new suspenders, don't forget you got to keep them polished.  :164:
    ride safe all.
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline Fatsam47

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    322

Offline Fatsam47

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10.16 pm
    Dec 21, 2016, 10.16 pm
    I'm another one in the "lightweight" camp where booze is concerned. I suspect I'll be walking up a big hill somewhere with my wife and possibly sprog too. Won't be cycling as normally do that 5 days a week and quite fancy a break.

Good luck with the ride and may the weather be kind to you.  :002:

arab-exile