Author Topic: Cruise control update  (Read 4442 times)

• Offline MSB

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    25
    • Topic Author

Offline MSB

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: Ft Myers Florida
    Cruise control update
    on: Nov 04, 2016, 12.32 pm
    Nov 04, 2016, 12.32 pm
    Its been about 6 months with my VeeFour ECC cruise control, and its been awesome! The unit has performed flawlessly! I am not sure why Honda does not offer this on our bikes. I am sure they have a proven unit from their cruiser and goldwing models so its not like its a foreign concept to them. When I was deciding between the GS1200 and VFR1200X i was leaning heavily to the GS just for the cruise option until I found the ECC unit. Well worth the time and money!

• Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    290

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200F
    Re: Cruise control update
    Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2016, 01.48 pm
    Nov 04, 2016, 01.48 pm
     :031: :0461:

• Offline DervMan

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    47

Offline DervMan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: R1200GS
    • City / Town: Bristol
    Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2016, 08.44 pm
    Nov 04, 2016, 08.44 pm
    I'm confident the next model update with have cruise and a LED headlight.....  :440:

• Offline Paul82

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    56

Offline Paul82

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: 2012 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Yanchep
    Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2016, 01.13 am
    Nov 05, 2016, 01.13 am
    I've fitted my old Audiovox vacuum cruise control off my Tiger 1050 to my CT, It worked ok after fitting it & ok on the Freeway with no gear on board since then. But I went for a 1000km ride last weekend, bike all loaded up, hills & headwind & the old CC was useless most of the way.

I've been using this sort of old Vacuum CC for over 10 years on a few of my cars & bikes & they are quite temperamental & annoying have to keep making adjustments, sometimes they work ok, sometimes they don't. I can set it to a speed & it can randomly drop 10+kph for no apparent reason. Headwinds it does't work, it just will not pull the throttle enough & continuously looses speed. & sometimes it goes ok up hills & other times it doesn't! It works ok on the flat Freeway with no gear on it, but when I Really want to use it on a decent long ride, it let me down...

I've had enough of it, going to get rid of it & get VeeFour ECC cruise control & be done with it.  :001:

:821:
    Last Edit: Nov 05, 2016, 01.17 am by Paul82

• Offline Fredz   au

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    118

Offline Fredz

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2016, 02.22 am
    Nov 05, 2016, 02.22 am
    I wonder how the latest version will perform with a fully loaded bike, uphill & headwind. 

• Offline Paul82

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    56

Offline Paul82

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: 2012 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Yanchep
    Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2016, 02.39 am
    Nov 05, 2016, 02.39 am
    *Originally Posted by Fredz [+]
    I wonder how the latest version will perform with a fully loaded bike, uphill & headwind.

Latest version? You mean VeeFour's Electronic cruise control? He says it works near on perfectly in those conditions.

• Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    290

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200F
    Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2016, 06.38 am
    Nov 05, 2016, 06.38 am
    *Originally Posted by Paul82 [+]
    I've fitted my old Audiovox vacuum cruise control off my Tiger 1050 to my CT, It worked ok after fitting it & ok on the Freeway with no gear on board since then. But I went for a 1000km ride last weekend, bike all loaded up, hills & headwind & the old CC was useless most of the way.

I've been using this sort of old Vacuum CC for over 10 years on a few of my cars & bikes & they are quite temperamental & annoying have to keep making adjustments, sometimes they work ok, sometimes they don't. I can set it to a speed & it can randomly drop 10+kph for no apparent reason. Headwinds it does't work, it just will not pull the throttle enough & continuously looses speed. & sometimes it goes ok up hills & other times it doesn't! It works ok on the flat Freeway with no gear on it, but when I Really want to use it on a decent long ride, it let me down...

I've had enough of it, going to get rid of it & get VeeFour ECC cruise control & be done with it.  :001:

:821:
    :028:

*Originally Posted by Fredz [+]
    Check my YT channel - you will find some videos that should convince you that this is not an issue. Trust me - it works just fine.

If you still have some doubts I can always increase the max. allowed open throttle percentage - default 40%.
    Last Edit: Nov 05, 2016, 08.48 am by veeefour