IMG 0440

Views: 359
Posted by: Min
in: Min
On board.

Views: 257
Posted by: nxt8generation
in: nxt8generat­ion

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Touratech seats - How much higher/lower than Honda standard?  (Read 7500 times)

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Moncton,N.B.
Re: Touratech seats - How much higher/lower than Honda standard?
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »
Yes it does look lower. I have the opposite problem. i realize seats are like windscreens, it fits one but not some else. Thanks for the feed back.

Offline FZ1

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT 2012 Manual
  • City / Town: Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 11:33:03 AM »
Its over a year and about 10,000 miles since I last posted on this one, but I'd still recommend the Top Sellerie seat.  I just get on and ride all day without even thinking about the seat ..... and that's just what I want!  :152:

Cheers,

Jon

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Moncton,N.B.
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
Hi FZ1, I like your feedback and recommendation. I just wonder if you are a heavy tall person like me, I think that's my major problem. When I'm sitting, because I'm tall, it puts more pressure than if I had shorter legs. Many bikes have tall seats but the pegs to the seat does not often reflect the total height of the seat.

The other problem is cost. All the seats available in the USA and Europe have a reasonable price tag but being from Canada, anything that is not manufacture here cost at least 20% more, the Canadian dollar is only worth 75 cents US and .66 of a Euro, lastly international mail /courier is very expensive to ship to Canada. Returning the seat for refitting if it's not comfortable can also be an expensive option.

I think the Touratech tall seat is only .8 inch higher. I could contact  Top Sellerie and find out how much would their tall seat would higher than the stock seat.  Thanks again.