swingarm parts XL250R in 1985

Views: 356
Posted by: katonori
in: Katonori
IMG 1054 1 EICMA2011

Views: 339
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Customer feedback  (Read 12212 times)

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
  • Bike: VFR1200F
Re: Customer feedback
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
You don't have to remove the EVAP tank - only if you chose to. You can use alternate location.

I really don't know anything about EVAP removal as we don't have it here in EU - sorry.
Prez
---
I sell Electronic Cruise Control systems for VFR1200 and VFR1200X.
If your are interested please visit my vendor section: http://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/board,31.0.html
Or email me directly: veeefour.ecc@gmail.com

Offline Grabcon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »
Well I got the ECC installed fairly easy of you read the schematics correctly. I work with Prez on several emails to resolve install issues that were my fault. I think now that I have installed one I am guessing about a three hour install. Took the bike out and clicked off about 200 miles. Everything works great. Smooth and uninterrupted speed control. Memory function works great.

I did do a Evap canister delete. The ECC fits nicely in the Evap canister location. Sent Prez some info on how to do the delete.

Watching the onboard MPG it appears that MPG has improved about 10% on the highway. I do track all of my fills and MPG so this is just an observation not reality at this time.

Again thanks to Prez for his diligent tech support.
In The Barn
2016 VFR1200X - Mine, 2008 VFR800 ABS - The wife's bike, 1976 CB750F - For Sale, Brad

Offline drcoopster

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2016 non-DCT
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »
I installed the "lite" cruise control on my 2016 non-DCT last night. Overall it went pretty smoothly, removing the evap canister and installing the control module in its location. I did notice that some wire colors are slightly different:
  • On the 33-pin connector, there were two solid green wires. Both appeared to be grounded so I just picked one arbitrarily.
  • On the LH controls connector, the clutch switch wires were completely different colors than the diagram. I probed around a bit with a multimeter and found the right ones to use.
Although it's technically unnecessary, I did remove the airbox to improve access for routing the wires. The airbox is quite straightforward to remove, there are just a lot of screws involved.

I took it for a quick test drive on the highway last night and it works quite well. I don't really understand the purpose of the "M" button, but once a speed is set using the "+/-" buttons it works great. A 3-button version with only the on/off, "+", and "-" buttons would be ideal for me.

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
  • Bike: VFR1200F
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2018, 09:30:03 PM »
Thx for feedback.

2017-2018 US model wiring differences will be addressed in the upcoming Installation's Manual revision.
Prez
---
I sell Electronic Cruise Control systems for VFR1200 and VFR1200X.
If your are interested please visit my vendor section: http://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/board,31.0.html
Or email me directly: veeefour.ecc@gmail.com

Offline drcoopster

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2016 non-DCT
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 09:34:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by veeefour [+]
Thx for feedback.

2017-2018 US model wiring differences will be addressed in the upcoming Installation's Manual revision.

That will be helpful for future customers! (I assume you mean 2016-2017, as there is no 2018 model in the US.)

arab-exile