2012 05 05 23 06 24

Views: 276
Posted by: regis
in: Regis
2012 05 05 024 1

Views: 384
Posted by: techno40
in: Techno40

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Customer feedback  (Read 12213 times)

Offline raycopper

• Crosstourer Junior
Customer feedback
« on: May 23, 2016, 05:06:29 PM »
Fitted my ECC kit from Prez today, the Lite version, to my DCT. Install went well, only had to remove l & r hand fairings, and knee pads, and lift the tank. All 11 connections are easy enough to splice in, and only 2 wires to cut and join. After rebuilding the bike, I went out for a 50 mile ride at various speeds and it controls the speed very well, seldom varying from the set speed. Off to Norway on the 13th of June and the motorway trek to Keil for the ferry will be much more comfortable now.

I would like to congratulate Prez for his fine work on the ECC. Also he answered all my questions extremely quickly, and dispatched my order quickly once placed

Ray

Offline RedSlayer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT DCT 2012
  • City / Town: Burnley
Re: Customer feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »
Lancs, UK here.

Fitted the Lite version (some soldering rather than all expensive piggy-back plugs) to my Honda DCT 2012 over the weekend, and the fitting instruction manual is extremely thorough with plenty of pics (which may to some, seem complicated at a glance).
In actuality - piece of cake, nothing to it (if you can handle a soldering iron). If I did it again - it would probably take me 3-4 hours (and most of that is tidying the wiring etc):

1) Crash bars off.
2) Both front panels off (so tank can clear).
3) Tank up to vertical(ish).
4) Fit the ECC under the tank.
5) Solder the wires.

(NB - don't get confused with the VFR portion of the instructions - no need to touch the airbox on the DCT!).

Everything fit perfectly.

Had a few anxious moments when it seemed that the wiring pics didn't match my DCT - until I realised that I was looking at the wiring on the female of a plug - rather than the male.

When I first got it all assembled; I got an engine fault light.
I texted Prez and within minutes received a reply with a spot-on diagnosis: I'd left one specific sensor unplugged on the air-box, he knew exactly which one and where it was located!

The cruise control works as expected; very cool.

I buy a lot of electronic gadgetry (not just for the bike), and the build quality of this is A1.
It's what I expect from large electronic companies (and don't always get).
From a 'one-man band' - it truly is phenomenal quality.
I don't believe that 10 out of 10 is ever possible (nothing can be perfect), but in this case - I'm very tempted to give it a 10.
If you're at all worried about quality because he's designed this himself - don't.

So, price - cheap. Quality - perfect. Service and support - immediate / expert level.

What more can I say?

(Nope - I don't know Prez and I'm not 'gaining' from this feedback - credit where credit's due I say).

If anyone has any qualms (DCT specific) - feel free to contact me.

Thanks Prez  :152:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:29:37 PM by RedSlayer »
Current: CT DCT 2012
Last:       Vara 2011

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
  • Bike: VFR1200F
Prez
---
I sell Electronic Cruise Control systems for VFR1200 and VFR1200X.
If your are interested please visit my vendor section: http://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/board,31.0.html
Or email me directly: veeefour.ecc@gmail.com

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
Prez
---
If your are interested please visit my vendor section: http://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/board,31.0.html

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »
New customer video. Thanks Ray  :821:

http://youtu.be/sWSQIDYIuSY
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:36:27 PM by veeefour »
Prez
---

Offline hondaed

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 08:20:23 AM »
thats a great video!

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 06:24:54 PM »
 :0461: it is a good video, and an impressive piece of kit. (Switchgear) Looks very professional and clearly does what it says on the tin.

Seems incredible that Honda haven't included cruise control. Do Honda offer it on any of their range?

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Cruise Control Seller
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »
Honda was always, let's say "not on time" with electronics. I believe Goldwing was the only H. bike equipped with Cruise Control ever.

The funny thing is how many people been asking me for a kit for new Africa Twin. Nobody can't understand Honda here - they already have
throttle by wire system from Keihin which was proved to be working very good either with CBR or VFR. Instead they threw a cable operated throttle...

I can see why - to cut the cost because TBW is very expensive and they wanted the new AT to be cheap...if you ask me I'm not even sure for what
purpose the new AT was created...
Prez
---