Author Topic: First Decent Run Today.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Matlock

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Liverpool
First Decent Run Today.
on: December 29, 2015, 08:47:41 PM
Having bought my 2012 CT back in October, I've hardly ridden it until today. It was due a service, so I wanted to keep the miles down until I could get the time off work and get the 8k service completed, Over Xmas I added some accessories:
    Givi rear carrier & pannier racks for my existing luggage.
    Optimate lead.
    Left and right R & G crank case covers.
    R & G Heated grips (very handy today)
    Tom Tom sat nav power feed & mount
    12 V socket
    SW Motech Hand guards
    Denali Soundbomb horn (deafening  :005:)

And today, the weather was set fair, so I went for a bimble down from Liverpool, through the Peak District to visit a mate in Matlock (my home town) for coffee and back home via different bits of the Peak District. I have to say, I was a happy bunny when I got home. The CT is a dream to ride, fantastic on the motorways, rock steady, and far better around the twistys than it looks like it should be  :152: . Great, comfy riding position for a lanky so & so like me too. Numb bum and stiff wrists at the end of the day, but that's probably down to me not being bike fit. I commute 30 mins EW on my Yamaha TDM900 every day, but I haven't done a decent run since the Summer. About the only negative criticism I had was that the throttle felt heavy after a while holding motorway speeds. I'd have thought a fly by wire throttle would be lighter. Anyone got any suggestions?
Also in the garage: Yamaha TDM900 & XTZ750.

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Re: First Decent Run Today.
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 09:28:28 PM
The throttle on the CT is not a true fly by wire however that should not affect the throttle feel to any great extent as the throttle will be damped to give it a realistic feel. If you are unhappy with it contact the stealers and they may be able to adjust the feel more to your liking

Offline MShooter

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 14 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Re: First Decent Run Today.
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:28:25 PM
I wouldn't have said the CT throttle was heavy, but I regularly do 4/5 hour rides and find a throttle rocker works wonders. Might be worth lubing the cables before the RBW sensor.
All worthy mods there Matlock, glad your enjoying the CT so far.  :031:
Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:30:19 PM by MShooter
I'm not as dumb as you look.

arab-exile