Author Topic: Naughty Boys Step!  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Naughty Boys Step!
on: December 20, 2015, 05:45:13 PM
Yes - only a few days before Xmas and I have been summoned to pay £85 and stand on the Naughty Boys Step for all of tomorrow afternoon

Courtesy of our beloved local Police Force I now have to attend some luxurious hotel for the afternoon to learn all about safety on the roads and even have to pay for my own cup of afternoon tea and a Rich Tea biscuit

And all because some eagle-eyed young Police bandit spotted me trying to overtake on solid white lines from a distance of well over a mile away

Now had he been really keen he's had noticed that I didn't actually straddle the white lines but merely flashed the 3 cars in front of me to move over slightly so I could continue making progress well within the National Speed Limit

When stopped, he confirmed that in his opinion I wasn't speeding or riding dangerously and also confirmed that he didn't have any video recording equipment or camera with him - just the word of his police colleague against the word of myself and my 14 year old daughter as pillion

I did wonder when was the last time he had undertaken an eye test to confirm he had 20/20 vision but that would have been just petty on my part

Fight it in court to risk losing - being slapped with a fine and points as well as having to pay court and barister costs?

Nar - I'll just cough up the £85 and stand on the naughty step for the afternoon - thank you

I am intrigued as to what they are hoping to teach me after my 42.5 years of "accident-free  claim-free" motorcycling in this country and across Europe and South Africa covering an average of +10000 miles per year not counting the many sessions of one-to-one advanced riding tuition from the senior Police Motorcycle trainer for West Mids police?

Shall I wear my 9.30m Nurbugring lap  t-shirt for the afternoon? Perhaps not - it's going to be difficult enough keeping my big mouth shut for the duration!

Watch this space!
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Rushy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT H'landerCamo
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: Naughty Boys Step!
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:03:50 PM
I guess they will try to tell you not commit anymore motoring offences, or at least not plead guilty to any.

:305:

:152:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:22 AM
One of my mates got a section 59 notice in similar circumstances Bert, he wanted to challenge it but daren't, he has had to tiptoe around for months now because if he gets nabbed again within 12 months they can confiscate his bike!!!

The thing is like yourself he is a VERY experienced rider (IAM observer and training to be a senior observer) and just couldn't risk challenging it in court.

Keep stumm and smile  :192:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:54:48 AM
*Originally Posted by scotsy [+]

Keep stumm and smile  :192:

Thats the difficult bit - sealed lips and look like it's trapped wind

Toughest challenge I've faced in many a year!
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 12:14:59 PM
 :431:
Feel for you Bert, that's the trouble with being a biker , A lot of non-biking road users despise us , White van man can sit 2 yards behind you on the phone , No action taken!!! A biker overtakes on a single carriageway road - must be speeding or doing something illegal !! --- I was out on Saturday ( almost spring like day) came up behind a row of cars doing 50 ish , on a single carriageway - Now I could of overtaken them at 59mph - with some risk from oncoming traffic -- or--( stayed where I was  :008: :008:) or used some of the CTs get up and go and pass swiftly , any police officer would have frowned at my decision - Perhaps all police  should be issued with bikes,  they would then understand how you make sensible progress on our busy roads  - Or even better , ban cars from public roads - No traffic jams  :046:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:27:11 PM
Therein lies the pure irony - he is a local biker

After he's nicked me he was keen to talk about the CT and how he'd love one but couldn't afford it!
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer dct
  • City / Town: york
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 05:58:57 PM
I had a run out saturday on my nuda 900,just before start of duel carriageway cop car with speed gun, so been a richard i was giving a few fast guys a slow down  warning, spied another cop van in layby,so at moment iam crapping it waiting for a visit or letter.I think i will blame the tablets iam on or altzimers maybe.
mafakin

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 06:32:59 PM
Well Bugger Me!

£85 for a 4.5 hour lecture on phsycology

Absolutely sod all to do with driving safety etc

20 people there in total of which 18 where there due to being knicked using mobile phones whilst driving - a pet hate of most bikers

Below are my true answers to the group questions they asked [honestly]

Question?  Why are you here?
FB Answer - To avoid the points

Question?  What it is about driving that you enjoy the most?
FB Answer - Speed

Question? What is it you most dislike about driving?
FB Answer - People driving whilst texting!

At that point I thought discretion was the better part of valour and just my mouth [mainly] shut

Why do we need to know about the emotions of driving and how we can manage them to our advantage?

Rest assured though - at the end of the "course" they advised us that we had all successfully completed the course
BUT
Be warned - if you get knicked again you wont be able to do this course again for another 3 years

Cant bloody wait!
Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:28:09 PM by Fat Bert
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

arab-exile