Author Topic: Greetings from Virginia, USA  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Jimmy da Vig

• Crosstourer Junior
Greetings from Virginia, USA
on: December 09, 2015, 09:24:52 PM
Hi, I'm Jim from northern Virginia.  I'm a geezer and have been riding since 1966.  But my wrists are going on me and I likely have only a couple of more years left  riding with a clutch if that.

So my interest in either a Crosstourer or Africa Twin is very important.  That DCT will keep me riding for many more years.  One thing I have a question on is leg room.  Do any of you have experience with both a CT and a KLR?  I'm looking for KLR type leg room while sitting. Seat height is no problem as my 14.5 KLR is 35" and that's doable.

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Re: Greetings from Virginia, USA
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:06:27 PM
 :400: to the forum.

I cant see you having a problem on the CT, I am 6'5" and there are taller guys than me riding around on the CT. You'll also love the DCT, fantastic bit of kit. Cannot comment on the AT though.

Offline Min

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:25:02 AM
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum

Glad to see finally the CT is coming/going to the US.

Get a trial ride on the DCT version and standard, in town you will find that your up and down the gears with the manual version because of the low RPM and power band, so I went for the DCT and no regrets taking the bike down through France and Germany to Switzerland this year.

Good luck and let us know what you go for.

Min G0JMS  :148:

Online Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 04:34:24 PM
 :400: along Jim.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:57:05 PM

:400:
            Tim to the group as to which bike to go the AT or the CT will depend on what type of riding you do if its a lot of road riding then could the AT as its a lot lighter than the CT but could have the same range of distance if what they say is right that the AT does 60mpg the down side it has only 94 BHP some what low where the CT has more power but a lot heaver even with out DCT BOX but do a few test rides on all four bikes but the AT does have the history its not going to be an easy call on which bike to go for and you wont be disappointed.

Regards

Steve

From Kent UK.