Author Topic: Hello from Barcelona  (Read 1054 times)

Offline donVitoCorleone

• Crosstourer Junior
Hello from Barcelona
on: December 03, 2015, 09:28:20 PM
Hi guys,

Greetings from Spain. I'm thinking to buy a tourer bike and I'm in desperate need of a reliable bike. I own an MV Agusta Brutale that has been at the garage for issues almost every thousand kilometres! The b*tch drove me insane. It left me stranded in every place it could. I'm fed up with it. I was looking with interest to sport tourers like Multistrada, R1200GS, S1000XR etc.. but I wanna go HONDA for its reliability and the CT is the closest HONDA offers to a sport tourer. Only thing worrying me of the CT is weight and city manoeuvrability in the traffic, especially  coming from a 190kg bike with 139hp

Offline Rex

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Hello from Barcelona
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:25 AM
Hi donVitoCorleone.

*Originally Posted by donVitoCorleone [+]
and the CT is the closest HONDA offers to a sport tourer.
Nope. VFR1200F/FD is the closest Honda offers to a sport tourer. But there's no point in buying it since Crosstourer is MUCH better: more comfortable, more practical, more versatile.

Only thing worrying me of the CT is weight and city manoeuvrability in the traffic, especially  coming from a 190kg bike with 139hp
Oh, don't worry: modern shaft adventure bikes (VFR1200X/XD, XT1200Z/ZE, R1200GS) are very easy and pleasant to ride. They weight a lot when they standing, but all this heavyweightness disappears into thin air as soon as they start moving. These machines weighs close to 300 kg, but in the movement they feels like they're twice lighter. It's unbelievable how well this modern big bikes hides their real weight. Especially comparing with the older machines.

What about maneuverability in the city traffic - well, these machines are very wide (there's no way to hide it), which making them difficult to line split in the tight traffic.

P.S. By the way, here's a great and very important article about motorcycles reliability:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/who-makes-the-most-reliable-motorcycle/index.htm
 As you can see, Honda is not #1.
Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:10:50 AM by Rex

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Re: Hello from Barcelona
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:23:15 AM
 :400: Don Vito. :002:
You are gonna love the Honda CT!
It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

arab-exile