Author Topic: Head or Heart  (Read 1883 times)

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Head or Heart
on: November 17, 2015, 06:52:52 PM
With the bike show almost upon us with all the new shiney metal to drool over, i was wondering when choosing a bike which has the final say, Head or Heart?

Ill be honest, when looking for my last bike it was a very close run thing between the CT and the Explorer, if im completely honest it was the Triumph my heart was saying but my head opted for the CT. I agonised over the choice going back and forth, and it was only the issues that were effecting the Tex at the time that swung me towards the Honda. Head had the last word and i went for what seemed the less risky option.

Thinking back to when i bought my XJR, the second id ridden one i knew that was the bike i wanted, no contest,no doubt, my money was going to be spent on the the big Yamaha and that was that. I loved it from the first moment.

So guys, what has the final word when the time comes to sign on the dotted line?

Paul

Offline DJ

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X manual
  • City / Town: Ballinamallard
Re: Head or Heart
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:17:37 PM
I'd been talking about changing my bike for 2 years before I finally bought my CT in October, definately bought with the heart, my head told me my CBF was immaculate, fast and comfy, so why change. When the CT first came out in 2012 I knew I wanted one and one day I'd have one. Every time I bought a lottery ticket like everyone else id imagine what id spend it on if I won, I didn't want a Brough Superior or a zero mile RC30, I wouldn't dream of a Multistrada or an SP Fireblade. I wanted a Crosstourer and now I have one. 😃

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 09:07:39 PM
Fair play DJ.

Offline leadfarmer

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: R1200 GS LC
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
I think we all have a dream bike or two that are definitely more heart than head

In my case it started when a neighbor had a 350 LC when I was a kid

By the time I got mine I was 18 and it was the YPVS F2

The GSXR 750 was another dream bike that I got

And I've wanted a GS since I sat on a R80 GS at the NEC when I was about 13

Got one on order now (a 1200 of course)

You have to have a dream as they say
Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:23:25 PM by leadfarmer
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul ....

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 09:36:35 PM
Hi Paul

I  think its an age thing,

When you are young - its heart all the way  :062:

Middle age - head rules   :084:

when you get a bit more ancient - its back to heart - based on ' well you only live once'  :821:

:305: Mike

Offline gazvfr1200x

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Northampton,Eng
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 11:11:28 PM
Bikes tend to pick themselves these days,after fitting carpets for 30yrs,my knees and back are shot so I can only sit bolt upright and the CT is the ONLY bike in the last 5yrs that I can do more than 70miles on in 1 hit,i can do the whole tank so it has given me a new lease of life,won't stop me buying a tuono next year as well though,for shorter blasts[fun].

Offline the mechanic

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:08 AM
Picked my Tuono up on Monday, go on spoil yourself. As you can guess, they are totally different than the CT, If you suffer with bad knees, get a good test ride first.