Author Topic: Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Marquez  (Read 15318 times)

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Marquez
on: November 02, 2015, 07:55:44 PM
Missed the Malaysian MotoGP live as I was away in Malta for the week

Just watched it on "catchup"

Was Rossi provoked FFS or was Marquez riding dangerously like a cock? Natural reaction when leant on is to left you knee out - shame it was enough to bring MM off the bike but was it justified?

So Rossi starting from the back row of the grid

Last time that happened .......!

Red Rag to a Bull I reckon

Bring it on - my money is on Rossi to catch up and ride just behind George Lorenzo - just close enough to get inside his head - enough points to win the Championship but sod all Lorenzo can do about it

Can't wait for the podium

Thoughts?
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Re: Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Marquez
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:19:28 PM
While I've always been an admirer of Rossi, I have to admit that after that infamous incident in Malaysia my respect for him did somewhat of a nosedive.
While I admit that he probably had no intention of fetching Marques off his Honda, his reaction to Marques's questionable riding was unforgivable.
Let's be honest, Rossi did effectively bring it all on himself after the bombshell of the Thursday press conference which totally backfired on him on the Sunday.
Also, why didn't Rossi spend a few laps behind Marques on the off chance that he might have brought Rossi closer to "George".II
I have to admit though Bert, I too am really looking forward to Sunday and hopefully, while not agreeing with Rossi's actions, really hopes he manages to pull off the impossible and bring home his 10th world championship.
Bring it on.  :001:
Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:21:23 PM by Dave56
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline DJ

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X manual
  • City / Town: Ballinamallard
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
I think everyone is forgetting about the man in form, Dani Pedrosa, I can see him and Marquez clearing off. If Lorenzo finishes 3rd Rossi only needs to finish 6th. That should be well within Rossi's reach. Don't know that Rossi deserves the title, in my opinion he deliberately ran another rider out to the edge of the track even if he didn't intend to take him off. The last true multi world champion legend Mick Doohan would have beggered off into the distance to prove who was boss.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:44:34 PM
 :0461:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:03:47 PM
*Originally Posted by DJ [+]
I think everyone is forgetting about the man in form, Dani Pedrosa, I can see him and Marquez clearing off. If Lorenzo finishes 3rd Rossi only needs to finish 6th. That should be well within Rossi's reach. Don't know that Rossi deserves the title, in my opinion he deliberately ran another rider out to the edge of the track even if he didn't intend to take him off. The last true multi world champion legend Mick Doohan would have beggered off into the distance to prove who was boss.

Agree about Pedrosa particularly when you consider the arm surgery he had earlier this season

However, the battle is between Vale and George

Marquez, in my opinion is just being a cock because he knows he can't win the title

Look at the few laps before the "incident" - Marquez game was to slow Rossi down

In particular look at the lap just before the incident when Marquez deliberalty [in my opinion] rode dangerously across the front of Rossi whenever he could with the sole aim of either causing Rossi to brake or even fetch Rossi off

A few corners before the incident Rossi turned round and gesticulated at Marquez - Rossi NEVER looks behind - such was the extend of Marquez dangerous riding

Rossi's over-reaction was a "reaction" - Marquez intention I believe was premeditated

Race Direction may have taken a similar view which may be why Rossi wasn't disqualified or had points deducted

Marquez has effectively got off scott-free

"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:10:03 PM
I'll confess, I'm a Rossi fan but watching the race live my heart sank when I saw Rossi run Marquez out wide. Why did the greatest rider of all time (imo) have to stoop to such tactics.
However after looking at all the stuff that occurred leading to the incident it's a little more understandable if not excusable.  Seemed very easy for Lorenzo to get past MM but when it came to Rosso MM was like a man possessed. He was extremely aggressive and made contact with the Yamaha a couple of times and I honestly think he was prepared to take Rossi out, probably fuelled by Rossi's foolish comments.

Normally when a rider/driver is racing for the title against another competitor the rest of the grid, whilst not making it easy, ride/drive with it in mind and try not to do anything that would effect the outcome of the championship.  I feel MM was doing the complete opposite.

Frustration obviously got the better of Rossi and I think he was trying to make a point, but take him out, I don't think so. There's a clip on YouTube that shows it frame by frame and my take on it is Rossi's foot is still on the peg when MM starts to go down.

I also agree that it's a shame that all this has taken the limelight away from Pedrosa's brilliant return to form. He really does look like a title contender for next season if he can stay fit.

Paul

Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:18:20 PM by Hartley

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 09:30:53 PM
It would seem that the general consensus of opinion is:

A. Marques rode like a "spoilt child".
B. Rossi somewhat over reacted to the above.
C. Danny Pedrosa deserves massive credit for his end of season rides.

Either way, it just goes to prove, Moto GP is currently the most exciting form of motor sport on the planet.

As a foot note, let's also all hope that Danny Kent can hold his nerve and bring home the Moto3 crown.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 10:08:37 PM
Pedrosa?

Without doubt Danni Boy is making a bit of a comeback but let's get real here - he's already got his ride and contract with HRC for next year so what's he got to lose?

He can't win the Championship - Honda can't win the manufacturers title

He's just a racer that wants to win

Realistically, whilst a nice bloke who's won a couple of races, he's not quite in the same league as MM, George or Vale

All makes for a brilliant "down to the wire" race which makes for great viewing

Given that Rossi is one of the best marketeers in the world, the cynic in me says it's great for the sponsor prices!!

Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:43:14 PM by Fat Bert
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

arab-exile