Author Topic: Anticipating first encounter  (Read 1343 times)

Offline soupbean

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: '10 VFR 1200fd
  • City / Town: Columbus,Ohio
Anticipating first encounter
on: October 29, 2015, 11:23:20 PM
Hey all , soupbean here from the U.S. . Well , I feel like a school boy nervously awaiting my first date with a most recent infatuation. Found out last week that the VFR 1200 X (Crosstourer) will be coming to the US early next year . Have followed and lusted after this bike since it was released in 2012 " NOT FOR U.S. SALE ". Have spent many hours replaying internet videos hopelessly daydreaming and fantasizing that this Crosstourer would some day , some how find a loving home in my garage. And now my dream is one giant step closer to reality. Currently I own a 2010 NT 700v (Deauville) and 2010 VFR 1200f DCT . Love the NT , a GREAT all around motorcycle. The VFR is a very premium type motorcycle. It excels and exacutes the purpose for which it was designed very well. Great engine, great brakes , great handling for a bike of its weight. Would love to have this bike but with better wind and weather protection, more forgiving and comfortable riding position, and suspension that doesn't loosen fillings in my teeth on all but perfectly smooth roads.  Hence my current pitiful infatuation with the Honda Crosstourer. Don't ask me how I know. Call it love at first sight . I only know that the Crosstourer and I were meant to be ....... 

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Re: Anticipating first encounter
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:47 AM
 :460:
Oh boy Soupbean are you in for a real pleasant surprise, your going to love the CT. Hopefully you'll not have to long to wait.  :028:
Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:34:16 PM by Dave56
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:17:32 AM
 :400:  :028: Glad to see that you are getting the CT over there !

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 08:04:13 AM
 :400: from The Netherlands Soupbean. You will love the CT !
Tony

Offline soupbean

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: '10 VFR 1200fd
  • City / Town: Columbus,Ohio
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 01:54:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to surfing your site for information, education and accessory reviews for the Crosstourer.