Author Topic: Hi Aye...  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Wrigsby1

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: 60N
Hi Aye...
on: October 19, 2015, 11:14:40 PM
New to CT's and soon to own one... :002:

I am a longstanding all year round biker and have only recently taken any notice of CT's after roundly ignoring them after years of not owning Honda's... I've been a on UKGSer for a few years and have quite a bit of bike and motor trade experience of various sorts... BM's and especially GS's have covered much of the last 15 years and I started the year with 5 bikes and am just down to 1...!

A DCT CT camo was up on UKGSer recently and from thinking "what a stupid idea" I went and tried one and thought it was a great all round road bike... I have left a rather scruffy but good 11GS and was riding a 12RT until a recent argument with a car loosely piloted by a deaf myopic old geezer... This has only speeded up my road to a CT... :001:Make minuses into pluses and all that...

My only fear is spending too much cash on a DCT CT and then adding approx. 15k a year and watching it disappear to unsaleable... For that reason the cheaper and slightly higher mileage/ decent spec end interest me as it is a bloody Honda after all...! :001:

Presently living in Shetland... Big roads, little traffic, lots of weather...

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Re: Hi Aye...
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 01:16:33 PM
Nice one.   :400:

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
 :400: from Th Netherlands Wrigsby. I also own a DCT CT camo ! Good choice!
Tony

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:11:16 PM
 :400: from Leigh

Ian  :305:

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 04:10:22 PM
 :400: to the pack!
It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

Offline Rushy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT H'landerCamo
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:39:21 PM
Welcome Wrigsby .....I too struggled with spending so much money on the Honda as it will lose more money than the Beemer. However, a like for like  18mth old GSA with the same mileage as my Highlander would've  cost at least 3k more which was beyond my budget. The Honda may lose a bit more in the long run but I'm banking on it costing less to run. My mates GSA at under 20k miles has had the dreaded and common ABS pump failure out of warranty so there goes £1300 ..... Ker Ching!

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 09:04:40 PM
 :400: along Wrigsby.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Wrigsby1

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: 60N
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:36:37 PM
*Originally Posted by Rushy [+]
Welcome Wrigsby .....I too struggled with spending so much money on the Honda as it will lose more money than the Beemer. However, a like for like  18mth old GSA with the same mileage as my Highlander would've  cost at least 3k more which was beyond my budget. The Honda may lose a bit more in the long run but I'm banking on it costing less to run. My mates GSA at under 20k miles has had the dreaded and common ABS pump failure out of warranty so there goes £1300 ..... Ker Ching!

Yep... I have had quite a few BM's and on the whole they have been pretty good but still plenty of "character" to fix... One of the appeals of boxers is they have a big identity and are easy to work on and fairly simple in operation... But when I sold BM's I used to tell folk that if they were after the most reliable bike then it usually was a Honda...:) You just need to find some identity too... That's what I am hoping for with a CT...A bit cultish like GS's used to be pre E&C and with plenty of misunderstood ideas... I think of it as a "Barky dog in sheep's clothing"...  :001: