Author Topic: My new ct is going.  (Read 6412 times)

Offline gazvfr1200x

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Northampton,Eng
My new ct is going.
on: October 19, 2015, 07:33:39 PM
Well it's sad news but have realised iv'e made a mistake buying the ct,i thought just having it for going up and down motorways watching the bsb races would be enough and if that was all it was going to be used for it would be perfect BUT in reality 90% of the time I ride around b roads and most of the year and this just isn't the sort of bike for that,so it will sit in my garage with 600mls on until my insurance runs out in feb and I will trade her in.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: My new ct is going.
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:55:50 PM
Sorry to hear you feel it's not for you but we're all different. Can I ask what it is that doesn't work for you. Be honest you'll not offend, well not me anyway. And have you decided on the replacement?

Paul

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:18 PM
What a shame, but you have hardly ridden the CT, give it a chance.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 10:26:03 PM
What a shame, but you have hardly ridden the CT, give it a chance.

Thats a very fair point by Steve, it took me a long time to "click" with mine. Was only after a tour with some mates on other bikes,one on a GS Adventure the other on Explorer that i realised how good it actually is. 

Paul

Offline gazvfr1200x

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Northampton,Eng
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 12:09:17 AM
Yes,i hear what you are saying but if you need time to click with any bike then it's not for you,same as when they say take the gs out for 5hrs,do me a favour.The ct is very ponderous and it will only go round bends at it's pace if you really push it you will be in a ditch,it's not an everyday bike,iv'e had lots of big bikes before and they were heavy but you could still throw them about[the super tenere was really agile] but the ct you need to plan bends and if you have never been down that road before it would be interesting if you got around it especially in winter,it's just too cumbersome for everyday riding and when I go in the garage I always pick my other bike and that's not good when you have just bought it.I am going for the bike I should have bought BEFORE the tiger 800.The Yamaha TRACER.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 12:35:31 AM
Well now i am offended..............Only kidding, as i said, if it dont work for you then thats fair enough. It is a big bike but ive found can chuck it about fairly well but then Ive  ridden an XJR1300 for 13 yrs and had an FJR too, both heavy bikes that have to be muscled through the corners.

The Tracer (and MT09s) seem to be flying out of the showrooms so fair play, hope it ticks the box for you Gaz.

Paul
Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:39:22 AM by Hartley

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 12:02:09 PM
Hi Gaz
you are right of course, the CT is ideal as a motorway bike - less so as a bike  to chase others round `B`   roads and while you can spend money to improve it - its still 275+ kilos to throw around - However you might find the Tracer a bit bouncy as well - best back road blaster I ever had was my old KTM  990 adventure - it would go 70 along unmade roads with ease (  sure it had issues !!!!)  Getting back to The CT - sounds like you didn't have much of a test ride before you bought it . :305: :

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 02:30:15 PM
I respect anyones choices but deciding to swop/sell after 600 miles is a bit harsh and it is also going to cost you an absolute fortune in depreciation !!!

This time last year I had 6 bikes and after a recent health issue I am down to ONE and its the CT that I'm keeping  :305:

I HATE the weight of it when pushing it around but it melts away once on the move and the best £500 I ever spent on it was a Hyperpro rear shock and fork spring kit which instantly sorted the handling issues 'I' had.

Good luck in your quest but do insist on an extended test ride this time

Ian  :305:

arab-exile