Author Topic: Finger fodder  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Sharkee

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Medstead
Finger fodder
on: October 13, 2015, 03:45:40 PM
Felt the cold this morning coming out of the house at 5:20am... the seasons are changing down on the South Coast!

Decided on winter gloves but the lovely little mice in my garage had decided to make a nice cosy holey bedsit out of them  :232:

Not a spend I had budgeted for, but anybody got some new suggestions on what's best to slip into at present?

Mark
Mark

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Finger fodder
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:17:33 PM
Hi Mark, always best to buy winter gloves end of May -  :164: I think you can pay a bout £150-£200 for latest  electric gloves - me I paid £ 60 for some non branded ( non- electric)  from the local Yamaha shop - they are ok for shortish rides - but anything at hour plus at freezing temps - electric is the only way  :305:

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:30:40 PM
If I'm going to be on the bike for more than 50mins, I take the electric gloves.... they are just to much of a phaff to get on...
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:32 AM
I've had two pairs of these.... Richa Icestorm gloves...wore thru the first pair...after  4+ years so plumped for another pair..

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/33509

I like the Phase Change material (PCM) liners...Ride with them in once it gets real cold...then take them out for warmer rides (or during).
Both pairs have been 100% watertight inside although being fabric they do take a while to dry if completely sodden....They are bulky...but not overly...remember they are winter gloves!

It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

arab-exile