Author Topic: Porsche vs Honda?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Porsche vs Honda?
on: October 05, 2015, 07:20:35 PM
Out yesterday - bit of a bimble round - south west wales - brushing aside the rugby result from the previous evening [dont mention the rugby!]

Decided as the sun was dipping a tadge alongside the temperature, that it was time to head for home

What's this in front of me - just entering the dual carriageway section ?

A private plate, but obviously a newer one, Porsche 911 Carrera - hmmm even looks like the 4S which has the "active suspension and adaptive rear spoiler"

Don't think he's overly impressed with 2 wheels and 2 LED driving lights in his mirrors - so he gets a bit of a move-on - so do I !

As we enter the dual carriageway bit he picks up the pace - so do I !

I'm in the inside lane - he's in the overtaking lane - almost side by side

Suddenly like a James Bond 007 car the slots in the rear of the car start to open and aerodynamic fins appear - and he's pulling away

Fair to say that in 4th gear, the CT pulls like a train and the sound from the standard can is awesome

Bye Bye Porsche

And some say with a "big" birthday coming up this weekend, will I ever grow up?

Hopefully not!

:305: :305: :305:
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Rushy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT H'landerCamo
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: Porsche vs Honda?
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
They automatically deploy at around 50mph so if you were seeing him off in 4th at the time then he wasn't even trying  :164:
 :152:

Offline the mechanic

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:33 PM
You are close enough, 45 mph UK models, 75 mph, or equivalent in kmh elsewhere. Then it doesn't drop back down until about 38 mph.

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:47:16 PM
Bugger!

and there was me thinking ...............  Lorenzo?  Bring it on!

Certainly the slapping his wife as passenger was giving him as he came past would indicate he was "trying"

LOL   :005: :005: :005:
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 09:59:49 AM
Very childish Bert, with a top speed of over 180mph he obviously was not trying! :047:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 11:11:16 AM
Childish indeed but how many of us on either 2 or 4 wheels have actually done a genuine "180"?

I have - Holland  in route to Assen TT - years ago on a Blackbird - scared me stiff!

Believe me, on 2 wheels its not something you want good regularly
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:32:36 AM
I had the same with an English lad in a Ferrari California (hood down) coming out of a toll plaze on a french motorway where typically 35 pay lanes bomb into two lanes so it becomes the worlds bigest dragstrip. Bike was loaded with me and camping gear and we took off side by side with the same intention... keeping the nose down on a loaded ct with tc off, is an absolute pig.  We hit the 120 mark with the ct about 2 bike lenghts ahead and was at this stage you start thinking, a) I'm going to lose my panniers or tent and b) my limiter will shorlty be kicking in and c) I know the French speed limits are very generious but I am probably exceeding it by now so common sence told me to back off just there... For a car that thing was QUICK!
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:33:34 AM
I have, legally, but 'only' as high as 150 mph and that was fast enough for me. There is so much that can go wrong for it to be a pleasant experience. I'm not ready to die yet!