Author Topic: Why No CT???  (Read 2491 times)

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Why No CT???
on: September 30, 2015, 12:15:35 PM
I am not a fan of all those cooking shows on TV  but my other half tends to watch most of them, last night she had the "hairy bikers" on . and yes it does feature a fair amount of the guys riding bikes - so its not all bad - however they  were on KTMs again :151: Now come on Honda- the CT would be ideal for their programme . anybody ever recall seeing them on CTs ????

:305:

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Why No CT???
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:21:20 PM
Seen them on all sorts but never a CT,  they probably don't even know it exists. Whilst in Europe earlier this year several bikers had no idea what my bike was. Funniest thing was when a German Ducati rider apologised for calling my bike a BMW.

Paul

Offline Dave606

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 10:33:36 AM

*Originally Posted by HEN99 [+]
I am not a fan of all those cooking shows on TV  but my other half tends to watch most of them, last night she had the "hairy bikers" on . and yes it does feature a fair amount of the guys riding bikes - so its not all bad - however they  were on KTMs again :151: Now come on Honda- the CT would be ideal for their programme . anybody ever recall seeing them on CTs ????

:305:

Obviously the Beeb no nothing about motorbikes so get their advise from our mate SunandSea who knows everything!

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer dct
  • City / Town: york
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 03:55:54 PM
After seeing the two fat ladies flat hairy arses the other night, iam pleased they are on KTMs and not CTs,I thought SI was sun and sea undercover.
mafakin

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:21:42 PM
*Originally Posted by pete fairbairn [+]
After seeing the two fat ladies flat hairy arses the other night, iam pleased they are on KTMs and not CTs,I thought SI was sun and sea undercover.
    :745: :745: :745: :192: :192: :745: :745: :745:
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:21:04 PM
It's all about sponsorship and free advertising and supplying the bikes for no cost. Maybe Honda don't feel the need to spend money on promoting the bike. BMW supplied many bikes and a full support team for Charlie and Ewans's little adventure it must have cost them millions but it paid off in sales. The programmes makers wanted KTM's for the trip but KTM would not provide the support, come to think of it they probably wouldn't have needed that much unlike BMW

Offline dentonlad

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR800X, NC700X
  • City / Town: Denton
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
The Hairy Bikers stopped at the butty wagon at Ladybower reservoir a few years ago whilst filming one of their series. They had Spam. Their bikes were on a trailer and they were in the Range Rover towing it.......
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes - Oscar Wilde.

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 12:17:25 PM
I suppose you would  have to watch a lot of TV to spot  a CT in  any programme  ( or Film ) I am pretty sure I saw a CT  with the lead riders in the Tour de France this year - but that's the only time.  Should have had one in "The Matrix" (part 2)  would have been a lot more comfortable for the passenger than that Ducati !!!!