Author Topic: Does Crosstourer ownership make you irresponsible ??  (Read 1937 times)

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Does Crosstourer ownership make you irresponsible ??
on: September 20, 2015, 08:31:45 PM
Now here's a thought , most of us on this forum think we are good reasonable  law - abiding bikers .However we all know the CT will go like Stink when you open the throttle - SO remembering the single carriageway speed limit is only 60mph- What do we do, when .Its a little used A or B road , you are on the throttle say 45 in third and the road opens up -( clear for 200/300 metres) You open the throttle  and before you know it - you are doing 59mph . So choices -  ( A)  you have a microsecond to ease off - Or you will be over the speed limit : (B) you change up into 4th then 5th before easing up , but but then of course you are doing 70. 
My point is this - you cannot use more than a fraction of the CT s performance - and keep under the speed limits - or do we only follow speed limits when we choose/have to  :164:

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Re: Does Crosstourer ownership make you irresponsible ??
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:41:10 AM
Ride sensibly/safely...but make "good progress"!    :177:
It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 03:30:30 PM
I switched from VFR1200F to the 1200X because of the less power and hopefully more responsible driving :001:

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:32:59 PM

I all so switched  from a VFR1200F after 5 and half years and 40.000  miles for a slow ish bike  its a great bike  to  ride  and good on fuel  after a weekend with the club and  690 miles latter 

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:44:21 PM
I would say that most (larger) bikes these days will break the UK limit. Certainly 99% of new cars as well. So does that make us irresponsible for buying and riding one etc. Nope!
We all have the power in our right hand or foot whatever to go to speeds we see fit ans lawful. If you choose to go above these limits....well you have to live with the consequences of your actions.....just like you have to in the other areas of your life.

So to answer your question..................NO!
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline Dave606

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:41:54 PM

*Originally Posted by slomogadgie [+]
I would say that most (larger) bikes these days will break the UK limit.

Even my little 200cc runaround can exceed the national speed limit but it takes a while to get up there. I prefer the ability of the CT to accelerate out of trouble if necessary