Author Topic: CT owners  (Read 2391 times)

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer dct
  • City / Town: york
CT owners
on: September 07, 2015, 06:02:11 PM
How many CT owners have dropped  there bike, and for what reasons, be honest my DCT seems to  likes to sleep on its right hand side  once in France then again in Holland. I blame the handbrake design on rear wheel and my dealer has had a loaded bike do the same.
mafakin

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: CT owners
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:55:15 PM
I got blown over two thirds up Applecross pass. Dropped on right side with panniers the works.
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
Bike was parked on sidestand on the Brecon beacons, bike was blown over on to it's R/H side by some serious gust of wind.
Handguard snapped, DCT cover gouged, footpeg left on the floor and my topbox saved some more damage. Cost over £200 to put right. I only stopped for a cuppa, expensive cuppa !

Offline pistolpete

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: vfr1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Holywood
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:40:37 AM
First day, just a few miles done, got home and the wife says give it rev so I can hear the noise of the exhaust, me on floor and bike in the hedge, dct lesson one, if you don't select neutral it's still in drive, minimal damage to the bike maximum damage to pride, lesson learnt
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there who has done this! !!!!

Offline uncle shrek

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: highlander
  • City / Town: Cramlington
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:36:35 PM
Just this last week in Durham several of us ended up on a green lane. We decided to give it a go one at a time. Went to put my right leg down to steady, with nothing there...... Over she went. Right side handguard, and engine bar bent. Still, was worth a chuckle!
I'm not lost, I'm exploring!

Previous bikes:
Yamaha Fs1e, Honda Benley, Kawasaki ZXR750,  Honda Blackbird, Suzuki Bandit 1200.

Offline R14ANB

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: White 2012 XC
  • City / Town: Weybridge
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:00:27 PM
In my case - parked up using the side stand in a one-way street in London the front wheel was clipped by a white van man knocking it onto the right hand side.

How long it had been down I have no idea.

SW-Motech metal handguard seemed to have saved some damage but the plastic hand guard cover had to be replaced. And the Kappa plastic and ali sheet side boxes as the right-hand one had been broken beyond repair.

I've now traded the Kappa boxes for more substantial SW-Motech ones.

With the boxes and the hand guard I'm hoping that if we all go down in future that my legs will have a chance!
Bikes owned:
Honda 90 Sports, Sukuki TS90, Yamaha DT175 (a real classic!), Honda 400N Super Dream, BMW R1100RT, Honda VFR1200XC

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 11:57:35 AM
Dropped my first CT twice. Stupid things like a missing stone in the pavement and steep hill.
Broken mirror and peg, nothing big.
Now I have a lowered seat, much more control!

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:29 PM
Was trying to turn mine round in a courtyard , when it starts to go - its best not to stop it - your back is not designed to support 275 kilos . Handlebars slightly bent and a scratch on the bottom plastics. For those of us short of leg- its almost impossible to do a three point turn sitting on the bike  :305:

arab-exile