Author Topic: Trip from Portugal to Scotland  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Trucker

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Trip from Portugal to Scotland
on: September 01, 2015, 06:11:00 PM
Hi, me, my Crosstourer and a cocky friend, as every BMW owners, :008: with is BMW GS Adventure went from Portugal to John O´groats, all the Scotland north coast and down to the west coast back to Portugal again in 9 days. We took tents, food and a stove to cook, so this way we spent just about 1000 euros and 600 were on gasoline. Both bikes spent the same, because we ride in a average speed of 120kmh more or less. What do I have to say about the trip? Well if paradise existed, for me it was in Scotland, England would be for those that don´t behave so well...  :001: The roads are beautiful and the people is friendly, the problem was to change euros to pounds! Pounds are more expensive than gold maybe...  :112: I now undestand why mid class british people look like kings traveling in the rest of the european countries like mine!  :020: About the Crosstourer performance, well she behaved like a queen and not a snob one! I leave here a video of some highlights of the trip, and if you have any question, shoot...  :062:

Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:13:07 PM by Trucker

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Trip from Portugal to Scotland
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:16 AM
Watched the video, looks like you enjoyed yourself.
Interesting that you say that the running costs were comparable between the CT & the GSA for the trip, having owned both, I'd have thought that the fuel consumption would have been less on the GSA.
I can see you travelled Dover-Calais, It would have been nice to see what route you took for your trip :002:

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:22:36 AM
Nice one Trucker :046: :046: :046:

It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:08 PM
  :028: thanks guys, enjoyed that.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:27 PM
Thanks for sharing Trucker !!
Tony

Offline Trucker

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 07:19:36 AM
Thank you guys, I did enjoyed a lot GADGET, I was riding a Crosstourer  :007: I went to UK through Le Havre, then back through Dover... I avoided motorways Specially in England, they are terrible, the water has no draining and all the lanes are full. After maybe 100 miles I had to get off and set my GPS to shortest route with no motorways and then it was delightful! And what´s up with all the fences? It seems that every land is private, I am a enduro rider and I can´t understand how it is possible for enduro riders to have fun there! But you do have Jarvis and Lampkin, so it means that theres some kind of way...  :152: And yes the GS spent the same amount of gasoline as my Crosstourer, I think no matter the power and the engine configuration if you have a smooth and constant speed it is the same, after all they´re both 1200cc and heavy...
Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:01:35 AM by Trucker

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 07:49:17 AM
Thanks for the update Trucker, off road riding is positively discouraged, unfortunately, in England. In rural Norfolk, its bad enough finding footpaths!

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:27:36 AM
You missed some of the best roads, you didn't go into Wales !!!!