Author Topic: Value for money North of Scotland Touring base in Strathpeffer.  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Andyx11

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Dumfries
On a recent trip up to Orkney, stopped off in Mackays Hotel in Strathpeffer, for only £44.10 got a twin room for me and my buddy and that included a full Scottish breakfast, and the room in the annex was a good size and well furnished, definitely going to use this place again to do some more touring around the North.
It ain't the power it's how you choose to use it!

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
I'm sure it was the same place. Did the main hotel have a pool and sauna as well ?

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Just checked.  Same place that we spent a night  in May 2013. Unless they've chucked a shed load of money at it, we thought that it was a total crap hole that needed a full re-furb. Tired/dirty damp fusty room which we had in the hotel anex. The indoor pool water looked it hadn't been through a filter or had any chemical treatment in months. Pool / sauna area grubby and tired. Strathpeffer has no places to eat out. Dingwall a five minute ride away fairs not much better. Their bread and butter at the hotel is the blue rinse brigade who's coach trips keep them busy and they are welcome to it. It might have all changed , I dunno  :084: