Author Topic: Speedohealer  (Read 1955 times)

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Speedohealer
on: August 19, 2015, 09:05:54 AM
Anyone fitted a Healtech Speedohealer, Just wondering how easy it is, I know it will be simple to connect into the bikes wiring but how difficult/how much time  to get to the connectors you need.  Compared to my satnav the bike speedo' reads a constant  10% high so not a problem knowing how quick your going, but it also ups the total miles covered by the same amount. Think your getting 40 mpg, no only 36mpg/ bike showing 20,000 mls, no only done 18,000mls, tyre life, service intervals etc all affected by same amount. It's not mega important to have one fitted but if it doesn't take to long I think I will have one.

Offline Andyx11

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Dumfries
Re: Speedohealer
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:20:33 PM
I also noticed the 10% under reading compared to my satnav, If you do carry out this modification I would be interested in how easy it was to do.
It ain't the power it's how you choose to use it!

Offline Min

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:47:16 AM
*Originally Posted by x11 [+]
Anyone fitted a Healtech Speedohealer, Just wondering how easy it is, I know it will be simple to connect into the bikes wiring but how difficult/how much time  to get to the connectors you need.  Compared to my satnav the bike speedo' reads a constant  10% high so not a problem knowing how quick your going, but it also ups the total miles covered by the same amount. Think your getting 40 mpg, no only 36mpg/ bike showing 20,000 mls, no only done 18,000mls, tyre life, service intervals etc all affected by same amount. It's not mega important to have one fitted but if it doesn't take to long I think I will have one.

Hi x11

I fitted the Speedhealer to stop the 10% error and your correct MPG will be true not the higher amount, the benefit will be when you sell the bike the speedo will be 10% less than the bike without one  :001:

Caution with fitting and the connection have to go in on the LHS near the connector block, manufacturer is very supportive with info and may have updated their incorrect PDF on installation, you should find a write up https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,2545.0.html were I have put the connection details from the makers.
Plus this great detail showing location and wiring connection https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,2545.msg36870.html#msg36870

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Min G0JMS   :148:
Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:49:59 AM by Min

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:38 AM
Hi |Min
 thanks for your reply, I had found your original post after I posted my question, Looks like another little job in the garage for this winter, I also need to connect my satnav harness into the same area. Must agree with what you say about dealing with Healtech they replied in couple of hours when I wanted some info on fitting Quickshifter and gear indicator to my X11, and it is quality kit

arab-exile