Author Topic: Andyx11 has DCT Crosstourer Highlander too.  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Andyx11

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Dumfries
Andyx11 has DCT Crosstourer Highlander too.
on: August 15, 2015, 07:51:46 PM
Back in April I test rode the DCT Crosstourer as my second bike the Ducati Multistrada 1200 was approaching its third birthday and I didn't fancy hanging on to it without the Ducati three year warranty. Too much time in the workshop in the preceding two years luckily all covered under the warranty.

I mentioned the Ducati was my second bike, as I still consider my Honda X11 bought back in 2001 as my number one motorbike which I will never get rid of, hence my username.

So in May I picked up my new 2015  black and white colour scheme Highlander DCT, piling on the miles now, travelled from home (Dumfries) up to Orkney and back over four days covering over 1100 miles.

So my impressions of the bike so far, great Honda build quality with satisfying power delivery, engine braking the DCT needs to be manually forced through manual down shifting, but the seat! So first thing I'm searching for on this forum is a more comfortable touring seat, any suggestions.
It ain't the power it's how you choose to use it!

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Andyx11 has DCT Crosstourer Highlander too.
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:54 PM
TONY ARCHER in Huddersfield will modify any seat at low cost and to your exact requirements. . .just had my CT seat lowered by 25mm, reshaped at front and comfort gel insert on rider position. . . fantastic job and service, total £80.00 . . .you can even post the seat for approx. £20.00 return and he will do the job within around five days.

Offline Staggy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:22:35 PM
X11, one of the most under rated and best built bikes Mr Honda ever made. I have owned 3 of them and loved everything about them except the riding position,  which at just over 6ft, I could never quite get comfortable with, but what an engine... My mate runs bike training courses and has clocked up 80k in all weathers and it still looks good.  He is liberal with the acf50 though. Dont sell yours Andy,  I wish i never had... 

Offline Andyx11

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Dumfries
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 09:57:40 PM
I'm 6'2" the X11 won't be going anywhere, on it's fifth birthday I did a complete strip down and rebuilt it with lots of new powder coating, all new bearings etc spent a silly amount on it. Have ridden every naked muscle bike since the X11 but none of them ever managed to match or better it. And yes it gets ACF50 All Year Bikered every year too.
It ain't the power it's how you choose to use it!

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 02:25:04 AM
I also came here from an x11, what a great bike.

Offline Staggy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:06:32 AM
Tis all coming back to me now,  both whitegloss and andyx11 were regulars on old fast eddies x11 site.  Good work.

Offline Staggy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 08:11:52 PM
Just for you boys, my last 3 X11s, think the black one looked the meanest and the CT, also in black, needs a polish though, flippin exhaust just won't stay clean. Cheapo stainless, even the end can discolours easily. Anybody elses the same?

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 12:24:06 AM
The x11 is a bit like the ct, very underated by the motorcycle press  :151:

arab-exile