Author Topic: honda tyres  (Read 3986 times)

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
honda tyres
on: August 15, 2015, 12:01:35 AM
Hi all
A simple post here. Would any of you trust the rubber that comes with the cross tourer and if you had cash for decent rubber would your first port of call to replace with decent rubber or how many would use Honda tyres to the end of there life

fire fox .

Offline Dave606

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
Re: honda tyres
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:03 AM
I rode the Pirelli Scorpion Trails that came fitted to my bike for 5000 miles and didn't have any handling issues, they just wore out

Offline leadfarmer

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: R1200 GS LC
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:47:00 AM
Hi

Mine came on Battlewings which were OK to start with but they seemed to be going off after about 5000km,

Maybe it was in my head as they were not that worn but I swapped them for PR4s as i had a tour coming up

The PR4s are superb and seem to be wearing well too although that is largely secondary for me after grip and feel
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul ....

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 09:58:35 AM
Had no problems with original tyres, replaced at 5,000 mls and still had some mileage left in them but changed before longish tours. Dont' go offroad so replaced with road tyres,Pirelli Angel GT, really happy with these and will use them again when the time comes

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 10:11:28 AM
hi all. many thanks for your info.

Offline Gas_Up_Lets_Go

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:45:04 AM
Sorry, a bit late to this party (been away getting some rays..)

Mine came with the Pirellis, I managed to stick with them for 500 miles before ditching them for Tourance NEXT's.  Pretty happy with the Metzella's at first then they wore quickly and squared a little, but that could have been the Scotland tour with wife and entire wardrobe! Now they have returned to the correct profile (A-hem....) and the are very very good in all weathers.

I had the Pirellis on the previous Tiger and we didn't gel there either - I just don't like the way they follow imperfections and banding on the road.

(so, I have two sets of rather under worn Scorpions in the garage - I could start a small shop  :002: )

Offline murbike

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Carnoustie
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 06:34:13 PM
 Like x11 most people don't go offroad,so why use pseudo offroad tyres? They are a complete compromise. Buy sport touring rubber and see how much better the bike feels on the road.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 07:35:18 PM
My story is same as LEADFARMER above post. . . . in addition I didn't feel confident in wet with Battlewings, Michelin PR4s (TRAIL) are fantastic wet or dry.