Author Topic: Dealer want to deal  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: East Sussex
Dealer want to deal
on: August 13, 2015, 07:58:23 PM
What should I pay for a 2014 Black CT with 2500 on the clock?

It will have a one year service and balance of warranty.

Also the adventure pack, what to pay for this.

It will be from a dealer, but I will get good service and back up.

just wondering how poor I will be......4500 trade in on my Tiger 800XC 2011 to be given.

Offline Staggy

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Dealer want to deal
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:53:04 PM
I wouldnt want to pay more than 9k max.

Offline justin

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:54:06 PM
I am selling my 2014 dct highlander crosstourer and am looking at a getting a tiger 800xc, please have a look at my advert in the ror sale section, still got 19 months warranty on mine, we may be able to do a deal.
Cheers Justin

Offline Gas_Up_Lets_Go

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Maverick [+]
......4500 trade in on my Tiger 800XC 2011 to be given.

Off topic a bit,

a year ago I made the same trade, and the Honda dealer offered me considerably more for the Tiger against a new CT than the Triumph dealer offered against an Explorer. And the CT is a much better bike than the Explorer IMHO.

However, I rarely worry about the trade in offers, or the price on the bike but consider the cost to change, that is how much do they want off me ?  Ask the same question against cash or the difference finance packages.
Even if you have the cash, a finance package can be a better deal, and you can always clear the finance after you've got the bike.

You ask about the price of a one year old bike, but it's worth exploring the option of new, especially if you are financing as the deals can make a new bike cheaper than a second hand one.  Also, check to see if the service plans are still been offered against new bikes, this can equate to 70-1000£ saving in real money over 3 years if you intend to have the machine dealer serviced (even independents can't really compete with £500 for four services)

At the end of the day, what you pay isn't important, what's important is that you are happy with the deal and can afford it.  However, probably worth looking at other bikes in your area and gauging if it's a fair ticket price. Pre-loved prices vary over the country so a fair price in the North might not be comparable with a price for a bike in London.

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:33:21 AM
*Originally Posted by justin [+]
I am selling my 2014 dct highlander crosstourer and am looking at a getting a tiger 800xc, please have a look at my advert in the ror sale section, still got 19 months warranty on mine, we may be able to do a deal.
Cheers Justin

Again?

Thought post Spanish trip you were very happy with the CT?

"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline justin

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:36:43 AM
I still am happy with it but its not going to be used as it is intended for a while now, certainly not this year and possibly not next year so going to opt for something smaller for nipping about on.

Offline Dave606

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
Dealer want to deal
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:56:24 AM
*Originally Posted by justin [+]
I still am happy with it but its not going to be used as it is intended for a while now, certainly not this year and possibly not next year so going to opt for something smaller for nipping about on.

Slight curve ball but I just picked up one of the for nipping about on:

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121580297533&globalID=EBAY-GB

KTM Duke 200 new bargain !!!! and 0% finance

P.S. I got it for £2700 on the road with 0% from Fowlers, Bristol
Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:07:23 PM by Dave606

Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: East Sussex
Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:38:45 PM
I am happy with service plans and getting year old just wondering what others have paid or sold on a year old low miler, plus price for adventure pack.