Author Topic: Very first day  (Read 1306 times)

Offline uncle shrek

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: highlander
  • City / Town: Cramlington
Very first day
on: August 07, 2015, 07:17:56 AM
What to say about the first day with the Crosstourer.

I obviously had a test ride before I decided to buy it, about an hour and a half of worrying about not falling off a bike that's not mine, worrying if it was too tall. Worrying about worrying.

Now that I have my bike all of the things I thought might be an issue aren't! Compared to my Suzuki bandit, yes, it is tall. But not too tall. The riding position is taller, but not too tall. It's not as loud, but loud enough. I've decided to 'run it in' by basically staying in the lower half of the rev range...... Kinda 😇😈

And that low down grunt!.......... Oh, my likey!

I'm trying to get my first service in before my first real ride out in two weeks.
I'm not lost, I'm exploring!

Previous bikes:
Yamaha Fs1e, Honda Benley, Kawasaki ZXR750,  Honda Blackbird, Suzuki Bandit 1200.

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Re: Very first day
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:38:29 AM
Good stuff.

The engine is a beauty. Whether farting  (:033:) about with big throttle openings at 2k to staying in a low gear balancing it about 4.5k fairly fires it out of corners.

Mine is loud for the rider. The honk from the airbox is louder than the race can! The big touring screen made a big difference to the volume from the that airbox.

Gave a mate ago and he could not believe the soundtrack. :600:

Enjoy! :031:

arab-exile