Author Topic: BHP increase  (Read 7244 times)

Offline Harri183

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: York
BHP increase
on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:57 PM
Has anyone on here done any tuning to the crosstourer do you get any substantial gain from a full system. Anything from the 1200 vfr that's compatible.  Cheers harry

Offline cmiguelq

• Crosstourer Member
Re: BHP increase
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
Here is the solution,  they talk in a gain of 18bhp at wheel,  its a great gain!

http://www.kainzinger.com/vfr1200/crosstourer-honda-vfr-1200-x-tuning/index.html

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:37:34 PM
Always a good topic this one, to release some of those lost horses :047:  I would be surprised if the exhaust alone gives that much extra. :084: Must be the odd  full power VRF1200 engine at a breakers by now, which of course would give you a lot more top end - but I guess your problem is going to be stability- if you want to go faster than what it was designed to do  - some on the forum have had 140 on the clock ( probably around 130 true). Would you want to go any faster??  . Only negative with the old shaft drive - you cant lower the gearing as you could on a chain driven bike. If you fit the new exhaust let us all know if you really notice any difference.  :305:

Offline the mechanic

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:12 AM
*Originally Posted by cmiguelq [+]
Here is the solution,  they talk in a gain of 18bhp at wheel,  its a great gain!

http://www.kainzinger.com/vfr1200/crosstourer-honda-vfr-1200-x-tuning/index.html

Hmm their quote when translated in English is a bit confusing, they mention 12 hp, then say 18PS measured at the back wheel, having looked into the exhaust on this bike then 12BHP is perfectly feasable, what they don't mention is whether or not the new exhaust has a CAT inside it. If not then, in theory the world can be your oyster. As one poster has said, there must be some VFR1200 170BHP engines "knocking around". I have had the crotch rockets (Hayabusas, still got one, Fireblades, ZZR1400's etc.,). This time, I was looking for a different type of ride, I now have it. Not saying a bit more go is a no no, but exhausts are inherently expensive bits of kit. To get the best out any change, we are into PCV territory, or remaps, now given the low end fuelling on the CT is pretty poor, the whole package may be a big improvement. It was a good find, if anyone finds anything else like this, please post it, its interesting stuff, even if all we do is look..........................For now.

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:59:27 PM
There is always Goeff at http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk

Spoke to him last year about working his magic on my CT DCT, but haven't managed to get over there yet, I did have hime re-map my previous GS and the results were great.

Offline Harri183

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: York
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
Might be worth a call, just wondered if there was any cheap hits like on the old bandit 12 where an end can gave you 20 hp and UN plugging a box cone tor gave you 1st and 2nd gear a shove. I know the new stuff is not as simple but thought because they are good for 170hp a full system may give you some good returns. Should wait to see what it's like first before looking to do stuff. :002:

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 08:24:11 AM
I wonder if the 12F headers fit our X's? One out the breakers and de-cat it?

My old GSX14 was a different bike with an Akra system with fat headers not like the pea-shooters it came with. A smidge more torque but a ton of HP not to mention dropping about 14KG!

Good luck.

Offline cmiguelq

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 07:43:35 PM
I have had in the past one Honda nc700 and it was easy to find collectors and exhaust,  then i moved to the honda vfr800x and cant find collectors,  only exhaust,  now with the CT the same problem,  I dont know if the problem is in the V4 engine...  I think that a complete line and exhaust would be a good upgrade!

arab-exile