Author Topic: Tank damage plus a few other areas  (Read 1814 times)

Offline eastsoutheast

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer XC
  • City / Town: Luton
Tank damage plus a few other areas
on: June 26, 2015, 08:14:55 PM
Does anyone know a decent smart repairer in the Bedfordshire area who could repair my tank? I have 2 very small and one larger dent on a newly purchased Crosstourer. The paint has not cracked or split so I am hoping it can be repaired.

I also need a new plastic engine cover for the throttle side of the bike as the existing one is badly scratched. Any links to places to buy would be appreciated or would love to hear from anyone who has managed to find the paint and repaired engine covers themselves.

Thanks
On a mission to fall back in love with biking and invest in training to live long and in one piece!

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Tank damage plus a few other areas
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:35:51 PM
Try R & G, I have one of theirs on mine. Did you drop yours?? or was it a slow speed topple?? either way its a b+++++ when they go , I tried to stop mine and nearly put my back out . Another good point for  my old KTM adventure  - No problem if you dropped it and easy to pick up-
 :305:

Offline eastsoutheast

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:32:00 AM
I didn't drop it (have not collected it yet) but the previous owner did not look after it which is a shame but it will get looked after now and look as good as new before too long.
On a mission to fall back in love with biking and invest in training to live long and in one piece!

Offline Harri183

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: York
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:13:38 AM
If you have a look on ebay they are breaking one.

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:16:38 PM
*Originally Posted by eastsoutheast [+]
I didn't drop it (have not collected it yet) but the previous owner did not look after it which is a shame but it will get looked after now and look as good as new before too long.

I wouldn't bother wasting money on getting the wee dents fixed etc. Save your money for replacement screens and suspension components haha.

:400: btw!

and only joking!
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 04:39:35 PM
Buy the R&G casing cover and get a Bagster tank cover - hides all and cheaper than  getting stuff repaired  :305:
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT

Offline eastsoutheast

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:45 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Will look into it, thanks

arab-exile