Author Topic: Akrapovic Titanium Hex exhaust can FS  (Read 7862 times)

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Akrapovic Titanium Hex exhaust can FS
on: June 25, 2015, 01:25:06 PM
Akrapovic Titanium Hex exhaust can FS.

For the VFR1200X Crosstourer, all years manual and DCT

As pictured, does have the marks on it you can see, but otherwise is in good order and does exactly what they it should do, weigh next to nothing, compared with the original and a great sound, which is not too loud or offensive.
Am asking £250 including posted to you (UK-at cost elsewhere) or ride over to Norwich and I'll fit it for you.

New, they are over £600, see link http://www.bikenation.co.uk/akrapovic-hon-vfr1200x-12-s-o-titanium-hex-road-s-h12so3-hrt?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwza6sBRCMiaaPtY_c2tIBEiQAacj5I6TyNPwje49QL7QWy97MismUKuC6f8Oc85El5Pp1KZwaAkUI8P8HAQ

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Akrapovic Titanium Hex exhaust can FS
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
*Originally Posted by GADGET [+]
Akrapovic Titanium Hex exhaust can FS.

For the VFR1200X Crosstourer, all years manual and DCT

As pictured, does have the marks on it you can see, but otherwise is in good order and does exactly what they it should do, weigh next to nothing, compared with the original and a great sound, which is not too loud or offensive.
Am asking £250 including posted to you (UK-at cost elsewhere) or ride over to Norwich and I'll fit it for you.

New, they are over £600, see link http://www.bikenation.co.uk/akrapovic-hon-vfr1200x-12-s-o-titanium-hex-road-s-h12so3-hrt?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwza6sBRCMiaaPtY_c2tIBEiQAacj5I6TyNPwje49QL7QWy97MismUKuC6f8Oc85El5Pp1KZwaAkUI8P8HAQ

Hi mate. I might be interested but do you have the removable baffle along with the small grub screw that holds it all securely in place please?

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
No baffle, I don't really know why you would want one, they are not too loud, I rode with this one fitted to Greece and back last year. It is CE marked and I have the little booklet that comes with it.

If you need one, I see there is currently one offered on ebay £15, no bids at the moment, see link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akrapovic-Quiet-DB-Baffle-Noise-Insert-65x46-for-Hexagonal-Exhaust-End-Can-/221808781574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a4d56906

In respect of the retaining screw for the baffle, I just looked and that is there, it even unscrews! :002:

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:43:50 PM
Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I have already had this system on my last CT and without the DB Baffle i personally found it very boomy at speed for long durations and so i rode with it in all the time. That ebay item is an auction so i'll keep an eye on it and if your system is still available if i am successful at bidding come the end of the auction then i'll be back in touch re buying. Cheers, Colin.......

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Colin, Using my initiative, I contacted the seller of that Akro baffle on ebay, he is willing to sell now for £35, including post, if your interested, I'll go half with you on that and reduce my sale price by £17.50. :031:john

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 10:11:42 PM
Hi John. Been hunting around and taken some advice off of a friend and now may go for a brand new all carbon exhaust can which if im honest will match my bike better but many thanks for willingness to help me out. Good luck selling your exhaust. Regards, Colin.

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 01:21:34 AM
I would say that's a good price from someone willing to go a little bit further to try to sell someone. GLWTS dude.

PS. Pity I have a can already.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:00 AM
It i s indeed a pity Brian, I could have bundled it together with my top box! :002: