Author Topic: Steering head bearings and warranty claims... II  (Read 2067 times)

Offline ROGERAC

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: London
Steering head bearings and warranty claims... II
on: June 16, 2015, 10:12:48 AM
And now the good news - I just picked the bike up from Chiswick Honda where the head bearings were replaced under warranty and they also reset (updated?) the clutch actuation software on the DCT.

I'm pleased that Honda decided to honour the warranty claim and thanks to Mark and Paul in service for sorting it all out - great to have the bike back how it should be.

While I was away in France & Italy a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the bike had become all but unrideable through town, with the clutches clanking and rattling about while they thought about doing something. Trying to ride at a constant speed on a whiff of throttle was impossible (the Alps and Autostradas were fine though!).

Anyway the nice policeman on Farringdon Road didn't take any of that into account last week. Still, I've booked my speed awareness course now and I'm really looking forward to it. Really.

However, I can't quite shake the nagging feeling that an NC750 X would do everything I need...

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Steering head bearings and warranty claims... II
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:39:52 PM
*Originally Posted by ROGERAC [+]

However, I can't quite shake the nagging feeling that an NC750 X would do everything I need...

I sometimes look back fondly at the test ride I had on the Integra DCT (when it was a 700) and remember how the riding position just felt 'spot=on', it just lacked a bit of grunt but that is probably behind it now with the 750 lump?

Ian  :305:

Offline Scubalol

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer High
  • City / Town: Worcestershire
Re: Steering head bearings and warranty claims... II
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 02:11:27 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum, but I had the NC700 and upgraded to the NC750.

The 750 is by far a better bike, but at only 55BHP and the rev limit at 6000, it still lacks some grunt. Hence why I am upgrading to the Crosstourer. Also for the bigger chaps like me, it is not a comfy seat. I had to buy an airhawk seat and even with that my riding time was limited.

Scubalol

arab-exile