Author Topic: Hi from Kent  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Adst

• Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: Kent
Hi from Kent
on: June 14, 2015, 05:15:59 PM
Hi , been guesting on this site a while and now considering a CT ..so you must have impressed...
Background .. Previous bikes : BMW F650gs , 2005 Ducati multistrada , Yamaha xj6n and most recent Suzuki 650vstrom 2012 abs 2.5 yrs ....
Should I jump the leap to a bigger and heavier bike .. ! I'm happy on the storm it is economical and sharp .dont do much pillion or long distance ....would I cope with the weight and height of the CT ..29" leg and no spring chicken ..That's my bit of indecision..particularly with the Yamaha tracer and forthcoming Africa twin .. Looking exciting ..but the CT just looks right somehow ... Obviously you guys are committed CT but any help would be great... ..cheers and hope I'm not out of court asking q on first post ...if so offer apology in advance ...

Cheers Andy

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Re: Hi from Kent
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:06:40 PM
Hi Andy and  :400: along and no your definitely not out of court asking a question.
My advice would be to find an authorised Honda dealer with a demo CT and "try, before you buy" mate as no amount of advice given by committed CT owners will really give you any real idea as to how you yourselve will feel or respond to the CT. I'd also advice that you try borne the manual and DCT versions if possible.
Good luck Andy, and fingers crossed you gell with the CT when you try one.  :028:
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Adst

• Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:17 PM
 Thanks Dave .. Yes intend to try a Ct manual / cross runner ..and nc750 dct in a few days ..alas no dct CT around me but thanks for the reply and your gracious  welcome..

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:15:49 PM
 :400:Adst,

Mirror what Dave has already said and would add that there is a low seat option for the CT which may be of interest to you.

Lets us know how the test rides go and though im a manual owner, give the DCT serious consideration.

All the best

Paul

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:57 PM
 :400:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 11:49:07 PM
I'm a 30" leg and can reach the ground - just be careful when you pull up - make sure it's on the level or close to a kerb

Short-Arses Rule!

As for the weight and fuel consumption - as echoed here - important you take it for a test run - and decide for yourself

To my mind, whilst I ride solo 95% of the time, its not an ideal commuter bike as its designed for long distance touring - mine does min 50 mile trips - frequently far longer - but I wouldn't want to commute in City traffic on a regular basis

Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:52:50 PM by Fat Bert
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:49 AM
 :400: from The Netherlands Adst and yes, make a long test ride.
Tony

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
  • City / Town: SE London/Kent
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 09:40:40 AM
 :400:  as the guys have said...jump on and have a feel...the bike is lofty but a lot slimmer than some...making it an easier "sit"...I am 5'10 long in body..short of leg...but find the bike fits....It felt right...just like my Vara did.
As Bert say's don't get caught on a slope....or suspended half on..half off a kerb... :012:

Around town you can expect a 160 mile range from the tank...at a £22-£23 fill up...much more if it's long motorway work....I have managed just under 200 miles

I commute across London from nw Kent/Se London to Heathrow...the high position is brilliant for visibility.....and can still wriggle with the scooters!
It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

arab-exile