Author Topic: New crossrunner  (Read 2723 times)

Offline pistolpete

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: vfr1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Holywood
New crossrunner
on: June 12, 2015, 01:31:58 PM
Left my crosstourer in this morning to have the shock replaced and took the new crossrunner out for a couple of hours. Great wee bike, very comfortable great wind resistance and zero buffeting, handling is top notch however I found it tracks sh#tty bit's of the road easily where on the ct I wouldn't notice, brakes good as you would expect. The engine is an absolute peach, plenty of power and sounds unreal when you get it into the vtec, although you have to rev it a lot to make the same kind of progress you would do on the ct, all in all I thought is was a fantastic bike until I got back on my dct ct!!

Offline V4FAN

• Crosstourer Junior
Re: New crossrunner
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 01:53:00 PM
Hi Pete, what dealer do you use? the crossrunner sounds great but I'm not a fan of vtec.I can't imagine riding a bike without a clutch but I can't knock it till I try it.
Just in the market for a crosstourer at present.

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:53:22 PM
Most people that have the DCT Crosstourer are very happy with the system, I thought the manual CT was great till I tried the DCT version then WOW.

Like you say, you cant knock it till you try it though.......

Offline pistolpete

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:09:00 PM
I use belfast honda, seriously can't praise them enough, like I say the crossrunner is an excellent and the vtec is what makes the bike in my opinion, it would be pretty dull with out it, bear in mind it dosnt kick in to 6500rpm (don't quote me on that) and you really have to be going some or drop down to 2nd/3rd and give it the beans to activate it then it sounds glorious, I had never ridden a bike without a clutch before i bought the crosstourer and  it took me a while to get used to, and now it feels normal, I never use the auto D/S always manual shifting for me, just hold the throttle wide open and press the button, really works, get a good half day test ride and see if it's for you, but I can take or leave the dct if I never had another bike with it again I wouldn't miss it, if you know what I mean

Offline V4FAN

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
Thanks for that Pete, I've been to Allens Honda in Portadown a few times years ago,I had an early model Vfr vtec at one stage and didn't like the vtec transition at all,but it's supposed to be smoothed out on later versions,the shaft drive,big power and comfort of the crosstourer is really attractive,not a fan of greasy chains anymore.
I'll check out Belfast Honda.
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:27:30 PM by V4FAN

Offline pistolpete

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 04:05:04 PM
No worries Allens honda is no more they have all located to Belfast, and yes the crosstourer is on another level compared to the crossrunner but then again it would need to be!

The crossover on the vtec is so smooth you wouldn't even know it's happened apart from the growl
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:06:40 PM by pistolpete

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 05:18:38 PM
*Originally Posted by pistolpete [+]
....... you wouldn't even know it's happened apart from the growl

and the fuel consumption!
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline pistolpete