Author Topic: Steering head bearings and warranty claims...  (Read 1258 times)

Offline ROGERAC

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: London
Steering head bearings and warranty claims...
on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:10 PM
I'm just wondering what the latest is out there regarding head bearings and Honda's warranty stance...

I had an advisory on my first MOT last month (at only 12,300 miles!) for a slightly notchy head bearing and went straight to my local dealer (Honda Chiswick) to start a warranty claim as the bike was coming up to three years old (16 June).

I was very surprised when the service guy said Honda would probably go down the "fair wear and tear" route but he'd start a claim anyway (slightly reluctantly).

Of course I protested that the mileage was very low and it was ridiculous to think Honda might take that point of view especially as I'd never been off road or wheeled the bike or bumped up and down kerbs etc etc.

Latest is that I've been asked to drop the bike off next Monday so that it can be "examined further" in the workshop... no more details other than that at the moment.

I've been looking at old posts on this topic but just thought I'd check in with you all for current news.

And I thought I'd left all this kind of rubbish behind when I got rid of the GS...

arab-exile