Author Topic: Learning  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Denis Calvert

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Preston Lancashi
Learning
on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:07 PM
 :001:went out today realised manually changing down before a corner makes the bike fly getting used to the bike now and don't find the weight much of a bother at the moment when moving about at home

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer dct
  • City / Town: york
Re: Learning
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:54:03 PM
Takes a while to get used to dct but gets better and better,we have friends at the Royal Oak Riley Green so visit your area regularly.
mafakin

Offline Denis Calvert

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Preston Lancashi
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:23:28 PM
Used to go to the Royal Oak when I was a kid great place duck don't grouse above inside door just raised the screen up to the top not sure if it's helps seems to buffet the top of my head may put it back down noticed also this bike gets up to high speeds far to quickly have to keep my eye on that until I get used to it

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 10:13:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Denis Calvert [+]
:001:went out today realised manually changing down before a corner makes the bike fly getting used to the bike now and don't find the weight much of a bother at the moment when moving about at home

Do a Bike Safe course it should be free two days of tuition with either police bikers or ROSPA gold riders he best nothing I have ever spent they sorted me out in about an hour. The biggest thing I learnt was keeping the bike in third or fourth gear in the twisties that way you are always in the power band and the engine does the braking for you. Or the other alternative is buy a CT DCT put it in sport mode and it does it for you automatically. Sorry please excuse the pun.