Author Topic: Has Rossi "Done" Marquez over  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Has Rossi "Done" Marquez over
on: June 01, 2015, 09:48:22 PM
I remember the day's [God that makes me sound even older than I really am] when Rossi gotten inside Gibernau's head a few years back - effectively Gibbers never raced competitively again

Has he done the same to Marquez the Wonder Horse?

I know at Mugello, MM went off like a scolded cat and I was tempted to put a bet on him binning it in the first 3 laps - sure enough it came very very close - but the binning didn't happen till much later

George Lorenzo was a class on his own

But - question - has The Doctor got inside MM's head?

Kindly discuss  ....../
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Re: Has Rossi "Done" Marquez over
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:06:29 PM
Ask me some questions on rugby and I'll try to answer, all I see is gibberish  :038: :164:

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:10:29 PM
Dear oh Dear oh Dear

What part of Twickenham are you really from ?

and what part of the male anatomy should we shove this infamous 2 wheeled horse draw carriage up?

Live in Wales but English by birth!   :046: :046: :046:
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:12:05 PM
are you talking about yourself or what ?

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 10:16:41 PM
I remember the Gibernau/Rossi battles and i agree with what you say Bert. Seem to recall Rossi saying he'd never let Gib win another race....and he didnt, Valentino destroyed the guy. Im a Rossi fan but at the time it seemed nothing short of cruel.
 Has the same happened again? i dont think so, certainly hope not.  Marquez is a fantastic rider who goes all out to win,coming second or further down is just not an option for him, its just harder to win now the Yamaha has come good.

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:48 PM
 :0461:

Offline leadfarmer

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: R1200 GS LC
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:10:55 AM
Don't know, in my day it was always Rainey vs Schwantz until that whippersnapper Doohan came and won everything  :002:
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul ....

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:18 AM
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
I remember the Gibernau/Rossi battles and i agree with what you say Bert. Seem to recall Rossi saying he'd never let Gib win another race....and he didnt, Valentino destroyed the guy. Im a Rossi fan but at the time it seemed nothing short of cruel.
 Has the same happened again? i dont think so, certainly hope not.  Marquez is a fantastic rider who goes all out to win,coming second or further down is just not an option for him, its just harder to win now the Yamaha has come good.

Rossi isn't cruel - just 100% professional sportsman with no prisoners - as Carl Fogarty once said "There's winning then there's everything else"

MM  is a brilliant rider who developed a ridiculous max lean-off angle to ride quicker round bends than anyone else - now they all do it

In a similar vein, a few years ago, Rossi's foot slipped off a footpeg and he stuck his leg out.  Instead of admitting he's made a mistake he told the press "it's a new technique!!"  Now they all do it!!

*Originally Posted by leadfarmer [+]
Don't know, in my day it was always Rainey vs Schwantz until that whippersnapper Doohan came and won everything  :002:

A few years back this bloke called Doohan invented "Rear Wheel Steering" .............

and he's my hero with a 24" x 18" original painting of him "rear wheel steering the Repsol Honda" on my office wall - well when I say original it's actually 1 out of 99

How times have changed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0Kg-niVk8
"Team Fat Bert" Racing