Author Topic: anyone got this issue?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline ban666

• Crosstourer Junior
anyone got this issue?
on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
when I picked up my 2015 highlander in March and found Honda has changed the key type on the bike. The topbox takes the new key type(complete new topbox now, taller and no zip). The side cases however would not take the wider barrel for the new lock. 

Anyone else having these issue? 

Offline justin

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: anyone got this issue?
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:23:38 AM
Yep, same here

Offline biker1300

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: dct highlander
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:53 AM
same here

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:29 PM
One key for contact/ignition and top-box and side cases/panniers. I remember the dealer saying that it was a lot of work to get all locks suitable (?) for one key. But as you can see I don't live in the UK. Maybe different in you country(?)
Tony

Offline ban666

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:36:09 PM
ok next question, anyone got anything out of Honda yet? I have spoken to their "Contact Centre" who have got the dealer talking to the parts/accessories department. I'm awaiting an update from them.

Will post when I get a reply.

Ian 

Offline Dave606

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 11:07:07 PM
I picked mine up in March and have the same lock set up. I was told it was because the pannier design had not changed therefore there was a stock of them with old style lock mounts

Offline CrossReading

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:40:55 AM
Hi - got mine in June - Highlander Kit came 2 weeks later - same issue about one key for bike and Top box, 2nd key for panniers. I'm pretty annoyed about it to be honest.

I called the contact centre - they referred it to head office, got this reply yesterday:

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).

I have spoken to my parts department in regards to your query about your motorcycle (RJ15RYR). Our parts department has come back to me with the below information:

Those are the panniers that are meant to come with the Highlander pack.

I am sorry that this may not have been the answer that you were looking for, if you wish us to look into anything further for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you once again for contacting Honda (UK).

I wasn't very excited by this response as you can imagine... and sent back this reply:

Thank you for coming back to me. I am extremely disappointed that having spent £15,000 on a motorcycle of this supposed quality, it falls short when it comes to attention to detail. It makes it very unlikely that I will stay with the Honda brand when I come to change it in a couple of years as I haven't suffered this kind of thing with my BMW's in the past.

It is a great shame that such a minor thing as matching locks have been overlooked.

I am concerned that looking at the discussions on the Honda Crosstourer forums - many people have stated that this issue was resolved for them by replacing the locks.

Has anyone actually had any success in resolving this issue?

Adam

Offline CrossReading

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:45:38 AM