Author Topic: ESTIMATED VALUATION ?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
ESTIMATED VALUATION ?
on: May 18, 2015, 10:17:57 AM
I got my CT on PCP deal in May 2013 . . . time to decide is eligible to change it from towards end of this year. I am not sure yet but fancy considering the DCT if I do change it . . . anyway, it will cost me £5,300 to pay final balance, so is it worth keeping this: . . 2013 CT Manual, Black, 7,800 miles so far, all extras with full GIVI luggage, front bars, heated grips, hard wired satnav, spotlamps, hugger, etc . . . absolute mint and just had ACF50 treatment last weekend . . . I'm very tempted to pay the balance and keep it for a further year then think about changing in 2017 spring when it will be 4 years old as trade in. What do we think it is worth privately at this moment, just to help me decide.

Offline Harri183

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: York
Re: ESTIMATED VALUATION ?
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:48 PM
I would say it would be worth about £7250 - £7500 private. Problem is you cant charge too much as there are so many good deals and 0% on new ones.

Offline Paulmasters

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:28 PM
 :261: I just bought ct pcp 0% fully loaded I guess tempted to keep if you have this low mileage on it and you are happy with it

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:38 AM
£6,500 private £5,700 dealer.

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 12:40:55 AM
Seems like your caught between a rock and a hard place. I would say go with your heart as I can't see you'd loose out either way, plus you could try and squeeze out some add-ons from the dealer should you decide to go down the new DCT route.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline the mechanic

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 05:41:48 AM
Looking across dealers, there are many on 13 plates, with similar miles to yours, are on resale for anything from £8200 to £9500, so its s fair old range, so if you knock off £1500 to £1700 the dealers are looking to make, then £6 to 6.5k trade in at the bottom book is probably somewhere close, though usually on PCP the GFV is set about £1k to £1500 below its actual value, this to cater for "worst case" bikes which come in at 3 years old. I asked this question on the last few bikes I have had, the answer was the same from different dealers. For me, I rarely go beyond 3 years ownership, but that is a personal choice, yours hasn't done a lot of miles, so as you have found, its not an easy choice of what next. In your position, I would go see dealer before its exactly 3 years old (not in winter though!) and ask the question, if you don't like the answer you can walk away and put 2 years extra warranty on it, if you decide to sell later on, the warranty is a good selling point.

Offline Harri183

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: York
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 06:53:10 AM
Bargain hard there are some great deals to be had I got a 2015 dct well under book price, whatever you loose on yours close the gap on the new one.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:42 AM
Decided to take early retirement from full time work officially from this November, so looks like the sensible thing to do would be to pay balance and keep it . . . maybe look at two years extra warranty, and that way I have fully loaded bike with all extras fitted, low mileage, warranty, and no monthly payments . . .thanks all, it was worth checking out before decision.