Author Topic: crap suspension.  (Read 10065 times)

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: crosstourer dct
  • City / Town: york
crap suspension.
on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:03 AM
Does anyone know if you can get original rear shock uprated,rebuilt etc,i bought mint used one for when mine feks up as we all know it will sooner or later.We tour with three boxs, tank bag, 2 slightly obese giffers, so any advise accepted.Thanks pete fairbairn
mafakin

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: crap suspension.
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 01:08:03 PM
*Originally Posted by pete fairbairn [+]
Does anyone know if you can get original rear shock uprated,rebuilt etc,i bought mint used one for when mine feks up as we all know it will sooner or later.We tour with three boxs, tank bag, 2 slightly obese giffers, so any advise accepted.Thanks pete fairbairn

The oem shock doesn't fek up Peter, its just the pre-load adjuster KNOB that seizes up and stops you being able to adjust the preload on the fly. There are threads about it on this forum about removing the knob and lubing it or just plain old 'giving it a twist now and again' to stop it from seizing in the first place. I don't know why Honda were changing the whole caboodle under warranty (I have a brand new one in the wardrobe as I bought an Hyperpro shock) because the shock it self didn't need replacing but it was attached to the adjuster collar so was probably listed as a complete unit.

You might benefit from a stronger spring though  :038:

Ian  :305:

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
Many thanks, just booked CT in at Craigs Honda for service and told him my concerns with rear shock asit seems to sag down under load and slowly returns to correct height in a few minutes time,it caused bike to fall over in France last year. so will see what they say.
mafakin

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:26:43 PM
Just sent message Firefox at Keighley its nearest to me.So wait and see.
mafakin

Offline TiuSo

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Kangasala
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 09:27:43 PM
I had mine replaced under warranty (...the knob thing..). While they were at it I gave them hyperpro spring to put in also. So far so good... I am over 100 kg, three bags and a lot of gravel roads... Been there for about 2000 kms and I like it!
TiuSo

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
I also had mine replaced under warranty with 22.400km and 14th months. And it was because pre-load adjuster stop working ... no problem with the shock.
And now I've the same problem again, with 45.000km and 2 years and 11th months ...
I went to the dealer and they send a report to Honda last Friday 8th of May.
I'm waiting for the answer   :003:
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline pete fairbairn

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 05:55:57 PM
Just dropped my 2013 DCT off at Craigs Honda Shipley ,Have a 2015 DCT in silver demonstrater on loan for a few days apart from new colours it doesnt  look any different.But it is a  bloody hard ride at moment but only had 3miles on when i picked it up.He has a few 2015 models in stock and will do a good deal, just ask for Mat.
mafakin

arab-exile