Author Topic: SEAT MODIFICATION  (Read 5280 times)

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
SEAT MODIFICATION
on: May 05, 2015, 10:53:40 AM
Has anyone had the seat remodelled (lowered and gel inserts) ? example TONY ARCHER or similar ? Ive heard the HONDA lower seat is okay, though not comfortable on long mileage journeys / Any help appreciated, as if I decide to keep the CT for a couple more years, might just have something done for a bit more comfort and confidence.

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Re: SEAT MODIFICATION
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:42 PM
Altough the Honda seat isn't that bad, I choose to do the whole works.
Lowered, gel filled and heated. Topsellerie

Pics ON the bike will be available next week. End of may it will be tested on for more than 3000km (1800mi) in one weekend.

Offline nsxer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Black CT
  • City / Town: Craigavon
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:14:37 PM
tony recently done mine. i got gel inserts etc put in but NOT lowered.
Tidy job, and defintely a better seat to put the butt on when doing the bigger miles

*Originally Posted by GeofftheChef [+]
Has anyone had the seat remodelled (lowered and gel inserts) ? example TONY ARCHER or similar ? Ive heard the HONDA lower seat is okay, though not comfortable on long mileage journeys / Any help appreciated, as if I decide to keep the CT for a couple more years, might just have something done for a bit more comfort and confidence.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 08:35:48 AM
 I bought the low seat with a view to getting it modified, probably by Tony Archer. However, though not perfect I find it a lot better than the standard seat. May well be worth trying one Geoff, I think the shape's better and the foam firmer. Only issue is I could do with sitting a little higher so I'm still considering getting it modified.

NSXER, can I ask, did Tony recover it with the original cover or fit something new? And if you don't mind me asking, what sort of money does he charge and whats the turn around time?

Cheers

Paul
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:46:20 PM by Hartley

Offline nsxer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Black CT
  • City / Town: Craigavon
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:27:50 AM
hi mate

not a bother me giving you a heads up

the total cost was over 200 i think ... NB this was postage back to N. Ireland etc so factor that in

He covers it with new materials ... he included a leather part to it. i put gel pads in for me and for pillion use. he then pipes it a colour to match your bike, so i went a silver colour as my bike is black so to contrast with engine and other plastic bits.

I will take a photo and post up for you when i get a chance

In terms of time scale he did state that it should be around 7-10 business days for turnaround ... unfortunately mine was delayed. it was a minor criticism as I got it sent over to him before the new season began. Its best to contact him and discuss this. I found him and his son easy to talk to.

any more questions feel free to ask

*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
NSXER, can I ask, did Tony recover it with the original cover or fit something new? And if you don't mind me asking, what sort of money does he charge and whays the turn around time?

Cheers

Paul

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 10:47:08 AM
I can recommend Tony Archer. He did a seat for me a few years back for one of my other bikes and his workmanship was excellent and his price for the work was very reasonable. He can do a wide range of modifications to suit you individually.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Has anyone got the HONDA low seat fitted to their CT within reasonable distance of South Manchester ? . . .Maybe we could meet up and I'll have a sit on it to help me decide what to do, or if it's worth making changes at all ?

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
I'm in Northampton so a bit too far I guess Geoff. However what I would say is you can get the low seat for 120 quid minus discount at Cox honda. The standard seat is s lot more money. Maybe worth considering buying the low seat, if you don't get on with it, convert that one so you still have a standard seat when you come to sell the bike. You'll always sell on a converted seat on the forum.
That was my original intention.

arab-exile