Author Topic: The longest way in one country  (Read 3275 times)

Offline operatorius.lt

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2013, CT, black
  • City / Town: Vilnius
The longest way in one country
on: May 02, 2015, 08:08:20 PM
After the last year trip from Lisbon to Vladivostok (http://operatorius.lt/en/lisboa-vladivostok-end/) my eyes were looking for a new route across the map. It‘s really always is where to go – that‘s for sure, it just depends on expences, duration and logistics.
After a long discusion with myself, the chosen challenge was the route Murmansk – Magadan. The distance between these two Russian cities is 11500 kilometers and this is the longest rout in the world without crossing the state borders. The idea to choose this route belongs to Mr. Vitoldas Milius, the editor of the magazine „Autobild Lithuania“. This distance has been already overtaken by many drivers – travellers, but all of them have been travelling with someone, not alone. So the final idea was to take the route Murmansk – Magadan – Murmansk and to start both – the car and the motorcycle at the same time and continuing the trip on the own. Possibly the followers understand that on long distance trips, the motorcycle doesn‘t have chance to win against the car. The car stops more rear for filling the fuel, it‘s not necessary to stop and change the cloths when the weather is changing. Even physically to drive the motorcycle is much more difficult that to drive a car. So, although generally the motorcycle can drive faster, at the end of the day the overcome mileage is less. It is quite a big challenge to drive 23000km of Russian roads also for car as for motorcycle.
The planned start from Murmansk was on the 1st of July by two transport vehicles: V. Milius – by car “Honda CRV”, and me – A. Bubinas – by motorcycle “Honda Crosstourer”.

The full story: http://operatorius.lt/en/mmm/

Offline fonsecarlos

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X DCT
  • City / Town: Caparica
Re: The longest way in one country
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:31:23 PM
 :062:

Offline Viking VFR1200

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD - 2013
  • City / Town: Sarpsborg
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 07:42:21 AM
Good luck :046:
Past bikes: CB400, GSX750, DR800, CBR600, ZX-9R, DL650, KTM990ADV, XL1000, KLZ1000

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
Thanks for sharing video, pics and stories.  :047: Amazing trip you did.

Where can we find the video of Murmansk-Magadan-Murmansk  ??

The Dog is man's best friend. Animal Liberation Front (ALF).

Offline operatorius.lt

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
thanks,

because the bigger part of this trip route was on the same way as the trip Lisbon-Vladivostok, so I didn't make one more video. The last year trip video you can see on http://operatorius.lt/operatoriaus-keliones/2013-lisabona-vladivostokas/?lang=en

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 04:11:27 PM
*Originally Posted by operatorius.lt [+]
thanks,

because the bigger part of this trip route was on the same way as the trip Lisbon-Vladivostok, so I didn't make one more video. The last year trip video you can see on http://operatorius.lt/operatoriaus-keliones/2013-lisabona-vladivostokas/?lang=en

thanks,
I've downloaded it and love to watch it  :062:

I have some questions about your trip.

What was the hardest thing when you drove ?
what are the positive and negative points of the bike for this trip ?
What about v4 engine ?
What about the weight ?
Did you have mechanical problem ?
How much time per day you drove (average hours and KM)

Thank you  :305:
The Dog is man's best friend. Animal Liberation Front (ALF).

Offline operatorius.lt

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:09:11 PM
The most difficult thing during the trip is to wake up, but after the first 50 kilometers everything gets fine. The engine works perfectly and evenly. It's quite enough of engine power. Although the weight is big, but it seems that it's less than BMW GS 1200. No one of them are fully adapted to difficult off-road.  I've driven 54000km during 2 years, and about 80% of driven roads were not the best Russian roads. From mechanical failures were only such as the run-out of glass locking rubbers smile emoticon
 and of course the break pads and tire wear.  The average ride per day was 1400km. Maximum ride was 2400km within 25h

Offline operatorius.lt

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 05:09:39 PM
I will start from Nordkapp to Tarifa on the 1st or the 6th of July  :062:

arab-exile