Author Topic: Goodbye, farewell.....  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Quinsman

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: White 2013 DCT
  • City / Town: Surrey
Goodbye, farewell.....
on: April 19, 2015, 06:45:52 PM
Farewell to the CT, my requirements for a bike have changed as I no longer need pillion space or to do huge distances regularly, so it was time to made room for something more exciting.

I never really bonded with the CT, it's hugely reliable, stable and, once the suspension is replaced and/or set up it rides pretty well. The engine is a work of art and the build quality is decent, but exciting it is not!

So I bought one of these  :082:

Lighter,faster, more flickable fun.

So farewell CT dudes, the forum has, in the main, been very useful. I'm not deserting Honda completely as I've bought an NC700 to do the wet, winter commutes and to leave in high theft risk areas.....I mean who'd steal one  :008:
Once you realise we're all mad, life starts to make sense.

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Re: Goodbye, farewell.....
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 07:48:31 AM
Enjoy Quinsman. Hope you are luckier than I was. Had a brand new BMW : 10 years misery   :013: !!
Tony

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:46:54 AM
I had borrowed one of those for a week from a friend. That was the best bike I've ever ridden to date. If it is half as reliable as any Honda, you will have one hell of a ride mate.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Johnnyrep

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:26:57 AM
all the best with your new ride, I had a look at one in my local shop, gorgeous thing.

isn't it strange when BMW get a reputation for being unreliable?

the NC has to be the perfect commuter/backup though so enjoy.

Offline Quinsman

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: White 2013 DCT
  • City / Town: Surrey
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:16:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Eltar [+]
I had borrowed one of those for a week from a friend. That was the best bike I've ever ridden to date. If it is half as reliable as any Honda, you will have one hell of a ride mate.

cheers  :031:

Yup I love it, I've had many bikes of all kinds and this is something a cut above.

Had 4 BMWs only had real issues with one, my neighbour has an R80 that is still going after 278,000 miles.

Had 5 Kawasakis but after the last one would never buy another, but no manufacturer has reliability spot on just ask my mate about his exploding Fireblade...

We should just get on, enjoy, and celebrate staying on two wheels  :305:
Once you realise we're all mad, life starts to make sense.