Author Topic: Performance  (Read 9135 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Performance
on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:37 AM
I have raised this topic a couple of times and been shot down, this bike has more performance than I will ever use, however with the KTM Adventure, the BMW S1000XR and the Multistrada is Honda being left behind.

If I wasn't for the DCT box I might have jumped ship last year but that box is like nothing else out there only a matter of time before one of the competitors come up with something similar.

Offline murbike

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Carnoustie
Re: Performance
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:12:33 AM
  What they are going to have to come up with is RELIABILITY!!!

Offline Johnnyrep

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:19:19 AM
To me a bike is always a combination of parts that makes it desirable.
Specs on paper are just that specs.

Offline MShooter

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 14 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
If the Crosstourer has more power than you would ever use, and you like the DCT, my question would be why would you jump ship?

Is Honda being left behind..........I think not.
I'm not as dumb as you look.

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:36:45 PM
If honda could make the crosstourer 40 kg lighter, it would be absolutely perfect

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 04:32:13 AM
*Originally Posted by whitegloss [+]
If Honda could make the crosstourer 40 kg lighter, it would be absolutely perfect

oh yes, you're absolutely right my friend. This bike is amazing.

but i don't know why the bike is heavy : the V4 ? I don't think so because the Triumph Explorer weight is 268KG and the CT Manual is 275KG. Only 7KG... 1200 V4 vs 1200 3cylinders ....
I hope the new CT always have the CBS ABS not like the new 800 Runner.
The Dog is man's best friend. Animal Liberation Front (ALF).

Offline Lexus

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT DCT
  • City / Town: Ghent
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:24:42 AM
*Originally Posted by whitegloss [+]
If honda could make the crosstourer 40 kg lighter, it would be absolutely perfect

Maybe that is just why its reliabe.
They didn't nibble on the parts and made a choice there.
Every bike is a combination of choices and every bike will have his + and -
Ok its heavy but the rest makes it up for me

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 08:17:57 AM
Honestly, it makes very little sense, if any at all, to ask for more power when you yourself admit that it is more power than you would ever use. Like others, I would ask for something more (or less, in the case of weight), like cruise control for the boring highway rides (I avoid them every time I can, but there are times when it is the necessary evil), better suspension etc... but all in all, I still think CT is a very good package.

It is a fun ride for sure, with the V4. I am the type that cracks the throttle open, and it is a powerhouse across the whole rev range, as we all know it to be. It is the most reliable bike you can realistically ask for. What it has in abundance is the weight, that's the most striking difference I see compared to the other bikes you mentioned Bampy. Only if it could somehow shed off some weight, not even 40 kg, but maybe 15-20, it would also feel even more powerful, due to power/weight issues.

But thinking that way, I could also lose 10 kgs and make up for that difference  :008:

It is a solid bike my friend, don't make the "mistake" I did (well, not a mistake, but I find myself riding my friends CTs more often these last few weeks).

I think my bike for this summer is gonna be either another CT or a KTM 1190. And not because of the power difference, but for the weight and the gizmos it comes with. I also like how it looks, but I'm not sure if I can pay so much extra for a European bike (my first if I end up buying one) and have nightmares if it will start fine next morning.
Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:12:54 AM by Eltar
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

arab-exile