Author Topic: Ride position comparison  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Ride position comparison
on: April 12, 2015, 10:59:23 PM
Quick question - trying to gauge some response and feedback ..............

Just sold R1150GS - in process of buying XTourer [anyone have a decent one for sale?] Previously rode BlackBird's

I swapped from various Blackbirds as the riding position was beginning to strain wrists and neck - didn't want to go the footpeg lowerer/bar riser route

Found the riding position on the GS more comfortable - if a little too upright

Tell me - what can I expect?

Please don't say "test ride" as I'm mentally committed to buying an XT - just looking for people's views and opinions

Discuss/.... ?

"Team Fat Bert" Racing

Offline Johnnyrep

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Re: Ride position comparison
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:28 AM
At 6ft and damaged knees I found the riding position comfortable, superb for me in fact.

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:00 AM
If you like the GS, you will like the CT as well. I have only ridden R1200s, not 1150s, and if they are anything alike, you will find a similar position on CT. Your knees will be bent a tiny bit more, any upper body will be upright to the same degree.

The riding position will be the least of your worries, and you won't have that many worries to start with  :001:

For reference, check cycle-ergo.com
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline MShooter

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 14 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:18:27 PM
I find the riding position upright, but that suits me. Say goodbye to sore wrists and neck Bert.
In my short ownership experience I've done a couple of 1000km days without any aches or pains whatsoever.
I dont even mind the seat, which some seem to want to change.
Get a bike soon and enjoy the heck out of it.  :016:
I'm not as dumb as you look.

Offline nsxer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Black CT
  • City / Town: Craigavon
Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:16:18 PM
im quite tall 6ft 2" so to me the XT offers a great ride height and offers comfort in those areas you mentioned.
I also got my seat modified and got gel inserts put in and it has made the bike even more comfortable.

Offline Beer Belly

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:30:03 PM
My Blackbird had to go for the same reason, I couldn't get on with the stretch to the bars. Switched to a VFR1200 for a while, that was better but the CT is luxury in comparison. Its probably the first bike I've had that I haven't had the inclination to switch for something else after a couple of years. Apart from the weight it's pretty much perfect for me. I doubt you will be disappointed.