Author Topic: Servicing deals  (Read 1897 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Servicing deals
on: April 10, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
Does anyone on here a have a deal or negotiated a servicing deal with the dealer and if so what price and where

Offline curlynot

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Nr Kings Lynn
Re: Servicing deals
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:11:25 AM
I took out the three year service plan to run alongside the three year warranty when I bought my CT. This is/was a Honda package and cost £575. This included three annuals and the 600 service up to 24,000 miles. Not sure if its still available as i think they lose money on it because at a guess the 16,000 probably costs £300. Whether this is for you obviously depends on your annual mileage.

Regards Rob

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:13 AM
*Originally Posted by curlynot [+]
I took out the three year service plan to run alongside the three year warranty when I bought my CT. This is/was a Honda package and cost £575. This included three annuals and the 600 service up to 24,000 miles. Not sure if its still available as i think they lose money on it because at a guess the 16,000 probably costs £300. Whether this is for you obviously depends on your annual mileage.

Regards Rob
The service package was only available with the new purchase of a bike, not available after the bike was ridden away without it.

Offline Steve64

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: West Midlands
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 11:25:06 AM
This is from the Honda website. http://bikes.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/adventure/crosstourer-2014/offers/service.html

It says....
"We are pleased to offer three years servicing for £575 when bought with a new Crosstourer. That means all your routine servicing is taken care of for the next three years or 24,000 miles – whichever comes first."

"Terms and conditions

*Cost saving based on VFR1200F average servicing cost. This may vary dependant on dealer and geographical location. Available on all VFR1200 and Crosstourer models with Manual or Dual clutch transmission, must be purchased within 30 days of 1st registration. Contains all scheduled servicing requirements according to motorcycle handbook for a maximum of three years or 24000 miles servicing (whichever comes first) – Includes 600, 8000, 16000 and 24000 mile services. Plan transferable to next owner. Bike must be serviced at a UK Honda dealer."